Can I recommend a film...

fatchap

23 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

anything with Nicholas Cage

Now hang on, nothing wrong with "gone in 60 seconds " simple film with some great lines in it, sometimes you just want a film you can enjoy, same with the Rock.

We watched Angel has fallen at the weekend,  and it was dire, it had the potential to be good but they managed to avoid it. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Cosmicblue said:

Starship Troopers - strangely it got/gets good reviews.  Set a long way into the future and the soldiers have M16s, it's like the budget couldn't stretch far enough for a sci-fi weapon, woeful.

Funky looking M16s....

Morita_fin01.jpg

2 hours ago, Mice! said:

Now hang on, nothing wrong with "gone in 60 seconds " simple film with some great lines in it, sometimes you just want a film you can enjoy, same with the Rock.

We watched Angel has fallen at the weekend,  and it was dire, it had the potential to be good but they managed to avoid it. 

1 hour ago, fatchap said:

Got to agree there Nicholas Cage is a bad actor. but willing to overlook it for Ghost Rider excellent film.

I like some of his films. You guys are forgetting Con Air, a classic! Other honourable mentions are Leaving Las Vegas and Wild at Heart. Admittedly he has done anything decent in years.

9 minutes ago, MrPhantom said:

I like some of his films. You guys are forgetting Con Air, a classic! Other honourable mentions are Leaving Las Vegas and Wild at Heart. Admittedly he has done anything decent in years.

Your right, I like Con Air, totally far fetched but why not.

Many moons ago when vhs video players were state of the art I rented ..... yes rented from the local video shop.... a film so bad I can still remember it ... it was meant to be an action movie .

It was so bad you had to keep watching for the mistakes just to have a laugh ....

Such as very loud tyre screeching as a half track troop carrier pulled away in sand .... bullets from a belt fed machine gun ricocheting with bright sparks as he shot up a bamboo hut and dubbing a 4 stroke motorcycle as a 2 stroke ect ect 

The film was called RUSH

On 09/04/2020 at 16:28, Newbie to this said:

Just going to leave this here - Waterworld

Quite like that one.

But as I often say to people when they ask which is the best, if we all liked the same thing there would be only one car, shape of house , much fewer calibers with only one gun in each......you get the idea.

What one person likes some one else will find unwatchable. Tis the way of the world.

5 hours ago, manthing said:

What one person likes some one else will find unwatchable. Tis the way of the waterworld.

Made a slight adjustment :lol:

I thought it was more apt.

3 hours ago, Loki said:

Given the times we are in I suggest The Road (2009)....................

Someone recommend I watch that at the start of the outbreak in the UK.

Haven't gotten around to it yet

Edited by Newbie to this

I think Plan 9 from outer space was regarded as the worst film ever made.

But there were some stinkers in the 50s and 60s like Robot monster and Attack of the killer tomatos.

There was a book by a guy called Michael Medvedev (or someting like that) that listed some of them... but that was in the 80s... since then there have the star wars add ons!

2 hours ago, washerboy said:

The box 

Starts off as a great idea, ends up a Sci fi mess. 

Simalar to a N. Cage film, starts off his son can predict disasters and then it just spirals out of control into nonsense 

You mean The Knowing? yesh complete pants of a film

2 hours ago, fatchap said:

American Werewolf in London is a great horror comedy, but its riddled with mistakes I believe its in the top ten of films with the most mistakes. 

Cult classic. Great sound track plus Jenny Agutter in the shower, what's not to like?

" 'ware the moon lads and stick to the path"