ignoring lockdown

myhvslr

POLICE have revoked the licences of two men caught shooting in rural North Yorkshire and are reminding firearms holders to respect lockdown rules.

On Tuesday morning this week, North Yorkshire Police revoked the shotgun certificates of two men who were found to be shooting on land in a rural area near Ripon on the afternoon of Sunday, April 5.

I think it will be more the ignoring firearms law, by committing armed tresspass as mentioned above.

1 minute ago, spurs 14 said:

Did I miss something ? Where did it say on land without permission ? 

In the actual article 

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/18366670.police-revoke-shotgun-licences-two-men-caught-shooting-ripon-countryside/

Edited by Newbie to this
Link added

2 minutes ago, spurs 14 said:

Did I miss something ? Where did it say on land without permission ? 

Paragraph 3

When officers attended, they established that the men were shooting on land where they did not have permission, and in breach of current coronavirus guidance, as they were not shooting as part of their employment or at the request of the landowner.

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, like victor meldrew alway said I DONT BELIEVE IT !!!!!! i presume all guns and ammo confiscated ??

They would not have to confiscate the guns, if they take away the licences  the shooters themselves have to get rid of them. Also if they were shotguns you don't have to have a licence to keep cartridges. Only to buy

15 minutes ago, DUNKS said:

They would not have to confiscate the guns, if they take away the licences  the shooters themselves have to get rid of them. Also if they were shotguns you don't have to have a licence to keep cartridges. Only to buy

I doubt very much that the two idiots went home with their guns.  If they did then my opinion of todays police has dropped lower than ever.

16 minutes ago, Velocette said:

870501-c81b4768df2b6aca883a08996a1e4ab1.jpg

Spot on.

7 hours ago, mossy835 said:

it only takes time be for some one was caught,

Yeah, for poaching! 

1 hour ago, Mentalmac said:

they were not shooting as part of their employment or at the request of the landowner.”

Thats the key bit (as well as not having permission!) - being together, not solo - not being asked by the landowner to come etc.... bad news. 

There is nothing to stop people shooting in reasonably close proximity. As long as a decent gap between the shooters is maintained. 

8 hours ago, motty said:

Yeah, for poaching! 

There is nothing to stop people shooting in reasonably close proximity. As long as a decent gap between the shooters is maintained. 

This

Most forces are happy for people to go out, this was not someone shooting as we on this forum would. This was two idiots on land they had no permission on, sod social distancing with this, they were commiting bigger offences.. 

Up here in Northumberland last night 2 bait diggers were arrested and charged.

They had driven from Newcastle to Newton by the Sea, an 80 mile trip and were caught when folk reported lights on the coast late on. 

Had the coast guard, local inshore boat and police out - what  a waste of resources for a pair of fools. 

They should be banged up for wasting time and resource and potentially endangering other peoples lives. 

Could only happen in the north east!!

Edited by grahamch

35 minutes ago, grahamch said:

Up here in Northumberland last night 2 bait diggers were arrested and charged.

They had driven from Newcastle to Newton by the Sea, an 80 mile trip and were caught when folk reported lights on the coast late on. 

Had the coast guard, local inshore boat and police out - what  a waste of resources for a pair of fools. 

They should be banged up for wasting time and resource and potentially endangering other peoples lives. 

Could only happen in the north east!!

Why bait dig? Who is fishing. ?

1 hour ago, grahamch said:

I have no idea, am only the messenger. Idiots whoever they were 

Certainly idiots it has to be said. I think this bank holiday there will be a lot more idiots out and i think we will get clamped down even more next week if its evident they have been breaking the law this weekend.