Lockdown garden overhaul

ShootingEgg

I and other half bought a place at the beginning of the year, started to sort stuff out, got the lounge and bedroom done. Rewire at first fit, wall out for a new kitchen diner.. Then boom lockdown.. So have focused on the garden 

Photos will be jumbled for sure.. But I'm sure you lot will be able to figure out the time lines 

IMG-20200104-WA0010.jpg
DSC-0405.jpg
DSC-0584.jpg
IMG-20200103-WA0016.jpg
IMG-20200106-WA0015.jpg
IMG-20200112-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20200307-WA0007.jpg

8 minutes ago, blackbird said:

You put the guys causing the Amazon deforestation issue in the shade 😂 seriously looking good mate.

Hahaha, it was soo over grown, trees were causing the next door garage issues, and we're taking over the garden, ivy and brambles everywhere.. 

Not the garden but lounge just after a lick of paint... And new floor laid 

DSC-0441.jpg
IMG-20200226-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20200108-WA0016.jpg

Edited by ShootingEgg

7 hours ago, team tractor said:

Do you always have a cider 😂😂😂

I'm from the southwest, so yes... 

7 hours ago, Jim Neal said:

Get hold of NASA, you could sell them back the Apollo 13 capsule they lost a few years ago

Nice work, feels good to get stuck in to jobs like that./

That capsule is now mine and a compost bin :lol:

2 hours ago, hodge911 said:

Did fatchap make the window seat cover ? 

Its got his logo on it 😂

Haha.. Negative, that Was amazon material purchase, foam from tinterweb sit, cut to size then sent out, and a friend who can sew... 

2 hours ago, JDog said:

Good effort all round.

Cheers JDog, no plants to ID in the jungle sorry

2 hours ago, blackbird said:

Yes looks good fair play.

Still got a way to go, ivy has grown along ground under the grass... Nightmare

I'm not an expert , and the photo doesn't show the best close-up detail, but it looks like it might have a fair bit of moss growing in it, which thins out the grass.  If that's the case I think it will need scarifying to pull up the moss first, then seeding/feeding etc.  You probably have to go through a period of it looking awful before it improves, don't bank on a plush lawn this summer maybe?!

8 hours ago, ShootingEgg said:

DSC-0584.jpg

Anyone green fingered got any ideas on repairing this, previous owner did nothing for 5 years. I've over seeded and have more seed so may do it again. I've used feed and weed, but it looks like carp.. 

That’ll soon come back. Weed and feed works well to green and thicken. Get used to not cutting it too short, it’s not a cricket wicket. Leaving the leaf a bit longer discourages the moss. Some warm and wet weather and it’ll look spot on again. 

1 hour ago, Jim Neal said:

I'm not an expert , and the photo doesn't show the best close-up detail, but it looks like it might have a fair bit of moss growing in it, which thins out the grass.  If that's the case I think it will need scarifying to pull up the moss first, then seeding/feeding etc.  You probably have to go through a period of it looking awful before it improves, don't bank on a plush lawn this summer maybe?!

1 hour ago, Medic1281 said:

That’ll soon come back. Weed and feed works well to green and thicken. Get used to not cutting it too short, it’s not a cricket wicket. Leaving the leaf a bit longer discourages the moss. Some warm and wet weather and it’ll look spot on again. 

Cheers for the replies, I have over seeded, weed and feed been on it, I cut it short so I could grasp an idea of the big problem. The property has been neglected for 5 years so yes, I have a bit of a job on.. 

32 minutes ago, Medic1281 said:

That’ll green up lovely in the next 6 weeks or so. The new seeds will be delicate so make sure your mower is set high and is sharp. That should then cut the swords instead of pulling the seed out of the ground.

Won't be mowing for a good few months haha, need to sharpen the blade on mower too...