Sign in to follow this  
Blueflame

Best pick ups?

Considering replacing my ageing Freelander1 Deisel with a pickup. Looking at. Nissan Navara or similar, any recommendations? 

Strangely enough, I was about to say you were the man to ask.............................then I spotted it was a MOTOR vehicle  !   😄  

1 minute ago, Westley said:

Strangely enough, I was about to say you were the man to ask.............................then I spotted it was a MOTOR vehicle  !   😄  

i am well know for derailing and disrupting peoples topics and it is not right i should do it all of the time............

but i was impressed with the Amrok...it was the small enjine version.....really big inside and you can wash it out with a hose....

Would never touch a Nissan Navara again after the farce with their chassis rotting through. I lost a fortune on that truck.

We have had 2 x Navarra.   Both have been very reliable and neither have had chassis problems. The previous model was very good, the current one, 67plate, has been ultra reliable apart from one sensor whoich was a warranty fix

The 1st one covered about 100k and the current one is on about 65k.

We will either get the same again or maybe a Ford 

The new rangers seem good and a lot better drive that the old model.

All depends what you want it for? Out and out work horse, towing, family run about with a big boot? They have different strengths and weaknesses 

Had a L200 engine lasted 55,000 before it was toast.

Mate has a Isuzu I personally think the interior trim is cheap 

I was looking at a Pickup last month, And Was thinking hilux. but went in a mates Isuzu D Max and thought it was great. It has some miles on it now hard miles and its been good. Still a toyota hilux fan though, Toyota pickups are very good.

Pros and cons with all of them but I think Hilux are probably the best. Doesn't mean the others aren't worth having.

A picked up a Scandinavian red head once when working abroad ... that was a wild ride :lol:

2 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

A picked up a Scandinavian red head once when working abroad ... that was a wild ride 

ANY PICS !!!!!!!:good:

37 minutes ago, London Best said:

This is Pigeon Watch. 

Now you have posted it you have to post pictures!

3 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

ANY PICS !!!!!!!:good:

I wish I had pictures but sadly (or joyfully) those moments are kept inside my head only :lol: 

Just now, Lloyd90 said:

I wish I had pictures but sadly (or joyfully) those moments are kept inside my head only  

hello, yes i know what you mean, despite being 70 i still look back on those fleeting moments in my life

45 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, yes i know what you mean, despite being 70 i still look back on those fleeting moments in my life

I’m 71 and still looking forward to mine!

41 minutes ago, London Best said:

hello, oh well like my dear old mum said you never know what tomorrow brings!!!! me i will be shopping at Tesco :lol:  

5 hours ago, London Best said:

Never know ... You might open your eyes one moment and find a fit, young woman, straddling you, your chest racing ... if you do ... your probably in A&E and had a heart attack ;) 

I have the V6 Amarok. it works well for me, i have the truckman top and the dog loves her big bedroom.