Best pick ups?

Blueflame

Ranger all day for me, I have had the old model from new never let me down, when I finally get another it will be another one, saying that for shooting and towing my big caravan I have a Toyota Amazon 4.2 td. what a motor best car ive ever owned wish you could buy them new now.

On 09/04/2020 at 20:15, trickyh said:

Would never touch a Nissan Navara again after the farce with their chassis rotting through. I lost a fortune on that truck.

Why? Nissan bought them all back didn't they? My mate got full market value back on his from Nissan . And they lent him another vehicle for several weeks. I think they behaved remarkably honourably considering his was about seven years old.. 

I'm told, although I don't have any personal experience to draw on that ISUZU score the best on everything except interior trim.

Another mate of mine is about 18 months into a Ranger, he loves it except he says the fuel consumption is a killer He is putting about £100 -150 a week in his and its peeing him off

Edited by Vince Green

had hilux for years now got new shape navara ride and comfort far superior power far superior reliability upto now comparable off road capability alike with off road tyres fuel consumption superior well pleased with my navara had it now for 18 months

On 12/04/2020 at 22:14, Vince Green said:

Why? Nissan bought them all back didn't they? My mate got full market value back on his from Nissan . And they lent him another vehicle for several weeks. I think they behaved remarkably honourably considering his was about seven years old.. 

I'm told, although I don't have any personal experience to draw on that ISUZU score the best on everything except interior trim.

Another mate of mine is about 18 months into a Ranger, he loves it except he says the fuel consumption is a killer He is putting about £100 -150 a week in his and its peeing him off

People can’t get round the smaller engine better economy principle.  The rangers are fine if a work vehicle and they pay fuel otherwise it’s a killer.  It’s why I didn’t get one or a hilux as they seem to be the worst of the bunch.  I wanted to be able to use 4x4 full time on the road when needed on frosty roads and that doesn’t give many options.  I’ve had 4 L200’s now and the latest barbarian is very nice if you mostly need a car and then shoot part time. I use mine for commuting and then shooting plus towing our caravan with kids, 2 dogs etc etc. Over 18k miles it’s averaged 32mpg that’s including the time towing the  caravan and my small trailer with logs on etc really hard to beat 

I tried them all and with working in a ford dealers seen lots of rangers and there problems. Two friends work in a Mitsubishi garage tried the L200 say they see very little trouble. So bought a 2017 barbarian that was ten months old with 5200 mile on now got 30k a change the oil and filter my self in between the 12500 mile services I’ve always done that with any car I’ve owned and always serviced me well. A like to think of it as preventative maintenance. The pickup been great my dad lends it quite abit to tow a mini digger he loves it 

• 4 weeks later...

I ran a 2007 Ranger super cab as my main vehicle for a firewood and gardening business for 7 years and put 100k on it and it was very reliable. Replaced it two years ago with an Isuzu extra cab and have been disappointed with it, can't see why some people really rate them as a work truck. Seem really high geared, cheap plastic interior. Very good on fuel though.