Better times

FOXHUNTER1

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Seeing as we are all stuck in bored silly I thought why not see if we can post pics of all our British quarry.... I will start with rabbits and hares.

20200409_202229.jpg

Impressive bag, looks like the days be  EF ore RHD?

Collared dove next? We used to shoot them in farm yards when we were boys, will try and dig out a photograph - unless anyone can beat me to the punch?

Collared dove: when I was a boy collared doves were only just beginning to breed in this country. They received special protection status under 1954 POBAct.  I think only in 1981 were they put on the shooting list. Shot very many since then, air guns and fourten mostly.

14 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

Impressive bag, looks like the days be  EF ore RHD?

Collared dove next? We used to shoot them in farm yards when we were boys, will try and dig out a photograph - unless anyone can beat me to the punch?

Yep the 90s before the dreaded RHD. Haven't shot many collared doves but do have 1 pic...

20200410_131401.jpg

1 minute ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Yep the 90s before the dreaded RHD. Haven't shot many collared doves but do have 1 pic...

20200410_131401.jpg

Nice idea for a thread, all the UK quarry. I have not tended to take many quarry pics over the years, but do have a few.  
Just found a very old one showing a day’s bag including a curlew and, I think, a whimbrel (not a very clear pic), both legal quarry then.

60CBDB50-5EC1-49FB-A495-31A283634F09.jpeg

7 minutes ago, London Best said:

Nice idea for a thread, all the UK quarry. I have not tended to take many quarry pics over the years, but do have a few.  
Just found a very old one showing a day’s bag including a curlew and, I think, a whimbrel (not a very clear pic), both legal quarry then.

60CBDB50-5EC1-49FB-A495-31A283634F09.jpeg

Very interesting seeing quarry that is now removed  from the list. I thought it a nice idea so come on lads get your pics up.