Better times

FOXHUNTER1

FB_IMG_1579642589285.jpg

One of our mixed species days, bag included a record number of 29 snipe that day, also gadwall, mallard, woodcock, pheasant, woodpigeon and teal, all walked up over spaniels

FB_IMG_1579642462363.jpg

18 woodcock all walked up one day over the Xmas period on our pheasant shoot

FB_IMG_1544129630192.jpg

Nice bag of Grey Squirrels taken with the 28 bore auto one morning stalking through beech trees

Edited by 16BoreFan

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Cracking , never seen a whitefront. I am hoping you have pintail ,shoveler , goldeneye, pochard 👍Still need mink.

Whitefront very difficult, lots of luck involved. I have only ever seen three in flight, and they were all shot, two by myself.  Norfolk and Suffolk has to the best bet for them.   For the goldeneye,  upland rivers and Scottish estuaries. For the other ducks try and get an invite to shoot the Ouse washes.

Just now, scolopax said:

Whitefront very difficult, lots of luck involved. I have only ever seen three in flight, and they were all shot, two by myself.  Norfolk and Suffolk has to the best bet for them.   For the goldeneye,  upland rivers and Scottish estuaries. For the other ducks try and get an invite to shoot the Ouse washes.

I have shot pochard on a loch near Hawick and my mate shot a goldeneye on the Clyde near Lanark.  Anyone got pics of pintail ?