Bank holiday fun

WalkedUp

10 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Is the workshop now much smaller? Or did you put the insulation on the outside?

How did you know it was from a German Leopard Tank?

Happy Birthday!:good:

Workshop is biggish so a little less = no problem,  I was told by Karl my mate who runs the recycling that it was from a leopard, certainly seems big enough, BTW when I worked 1977 at the Porsche design centre the leopard design group were up above me on the 6th floor.

Thanks, had lots of calls all day.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 10/04/2020 at 22:50, Zapp said:

Get your kit out and brew.  I procrastinated for ages but I'm really glad I finally got on with it today.

Got all my kit together!  Boiler and fermenting buckets, wort chiller, sparge arm plus some other bits have all been sat outside for 18 months so they needed a really good soak and scrub but have come up nicely.  Had a leak from one of the heating elements on the boiler so removed, cleaned up, re-fitted and tested - all OK.  Found my box of nik-naks in the shed.  Located my last ever (didn't know it at the time 😔) box of supplies from Yonny which I bought December 2018 - special malts, packets of yeast and several vac-packed bags of hops, of which some are now well out of date!

Got my brewing books out to refresh my memory, checklist of kit... then realised I broke the last hydrometer I had and never replaced it.  DOH.  Hopefully can borrow one off a friend tomorrow.

I can probably guess when to stop sparging from visual appearance of the wort and how full the boiler is, and it's basically just a lottery not knowing what ABV you're ending up with so I think I'll just crack on regardless!

Now where's my recipes....

I've been painting the fence panels around 'Longbower towers',.Then put a curtain backstop up across the yard at the side of the house, then tied some string with tin cans dangling across the yard, and had a few fun hours shooting my slingshot .

Even Mrs Longbower decided she would like to have a go ! , And to be honest , once she grasped how to aim , she wasn't a half bad shot. 

Went for a bike ride. Chrono'd the air rifles with different pellets , to make sure they are still sub twelve. Then used the backstop and tins for a bit of practice with the HW pneumatic pistol .

Sat in the back yard , with the Uke, playing along with my granddaughter and daughter ,  'face time' , as they live in Seattle. And it was my birthday on Friday .

All in all 'Time well wasted'.😀