Venison prices

The Heron

I was just reading an article in the shooting times from Liam Bell about the poor price of venison with some dealers only acccepting the larger deer the price drop has been blamed on imports from New Zealand and get this pre-prepared venison products from of all the places China now I am sure that no one on here would touch any of it but joe public do not know any better he or she will go on price considering recent events in China surely it must be banned. 

I would imagine locally sourced venison is at a premium at present. My brother and I gave up on the local game dealers in Feb as the prices they were offering were an insult to us and the animals we had shot. We're not doing it on an industrial scale so our freezers and those of our friends and family are currently well stocked. I'd rather feed the meat to our dogs than use the game dealers at present, the problem seems to be exacerbated by the fact that the larger dealers are the only ones left and monopolising. The local Aston Martin dealer seems to be doing well by them though...

Let's hope a readjustment to locally sourced meat is one of the positive side effects of the current situation.

4 hours ago, itchy trigger said:

don't forget, all you need is a unit that is licenced as a meat processing plant, you can then import from anywhere in the world, repackage, then label as produce of the UK, no country of origin, EU stopped that

That would be fraud.