Quad tendonitis

kingsy18

5 minutes ago, kingsy18 said:

Woke up this morning with my knee aching like hell and tightness in lower thigh and trouble bending leg,googled it and sounds like quad tendonitis anyone had this and how to recover from it.

Please seek advice from a professional before arriving at self diagnosis as an effective remedy relies on correct diagnosis, therapy based on misdiagnosis can be dangerous.

Tendonitis is usually a result of over working or straining whereas other issues can come to light from inactivity, for example.

Wish you well sir!

13 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Please seek advice from a professional before arriving at self diagnosis as an effective remedy relies on correct diagnosis, therapy based on misdiagnosis can be dangerous.

Tendonitis is usually a result of over working or straining whereas other issues can come to light from inactivity, for example.

Wish you well sir!

Trouble is how do I get a proper diagnosis during lockdown,don,t fancy going to docs with everyone coughing and spluttering.Thought of private physio ,but not sure if they,ll be working know.

1 hour ago, kingsy18 said:

Trouble is how do I get a proper diagnosis during lockdown,don,t fancy going to docs with everyone coughing and spluttering.Thought of private physio ,but not sure if they,ll be working know.

Our Docs are only seeing people one at a time if necessary. They are inter spacing appointments in person so the waiting room is kept clear. Most appointments are over the phone now.

2 hours ago, kingsy18 said:

Woke up this morning with my knee aching like hell and tightness in lower thigh and trouble bending leg,googled it and sounds like quad tendonitis anyone had this and how to recover from it.

Hi Kingsy

As others have said:

Try your gp this morning as may be doing extended telephone triage hours in current climate as many are, if not you may be given a number for out of hours gp if not it will be nhs 111. Without eliciting a good clinical history a differential or single diagnosis cannot be made.  Try not to worry but get yourself checked today.

atb

7diaw

On 11/04/2020 at 08:29, kingsy18 said:

Quad tendinitis is a bit of a general term, as the word quad suggests you have 4 muscles in that group. If you cant get hold if your GP you can pm me some of the specifics on what's happening and I can give you more of an idea of what may be happening. My normal day job is (was before covid 19) in engineering but I'm also a qualified sports therapist.