Ultrastu

biketestace

Very nice  .that is the second generation stock for the bsa scorpion .

The first is like mine below .

Mine was actually the bsa hornet stock.left over after bsa stopped making the hornet and startes the scop . Your mk2 was a dedicated scorpion stock that was shared with the ultra (shortened) .and is actually my favourite one  .

Id put your gun at 2008 

Mine was 2006  - 07 

IMG_20190614_184703.jpg

This is a shot from a bsa catalogue from 2008 

IMG_20200411_104237.jpg

Edited by Ultrastu

Mk3 "western style " my leasy fave as its comb is very low  from 2009 

IMG_20200411_105056.jpg

And the 2010 scorpion se the forth incarnation of the wooden scorpion  

IMG_20200411_104915.jpg

So the current mk4 se stock is very good and has been in production my minelli for 10 years now .with little change other than a slight fore end shortening for the ultra max  .

Ps there are 2 versions of the black tactical stock too .a dedicated right hander and the slightly compromized mk2 ambidextrous  one .

10 minutes ago, Whitebridges said:

Two nice guns there.

My Ultra .25 looks different again. I know nothing about the gun. I bought in secondhand.   

Post a photo of it i might be able to help with some info .

Ps my scorpion above really likes crosman prems pellets at 14.3 grn 

19 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

Ps there are 2 versions of the black tactical stock too .a dedicated right hander and the slightly compromized mk2 ambidextrous  one .

Post a photo of it i might be able to help with some info .

Ps my scorpion above really likes crosman prems pellets at 14.3 grn 

Good man, thanks Stu. 

Here she is. She loves .25 Bisley Superfields (24g) I'm on my last tin. They don't make them anymore so if anyone has any spares i'm your man. :good:

bsase6.jpg

1 hour ago, Whitebridges said:

Good man, thanks Stu. 

Here she is. She loves .25 Bisley Superfields (24g) I'm on my last tin. They don't make them anymore so if anyone has any spares i'm your man. :good:

bsase6.jpg

Thats very nice .do you want to sell it to me .? 

Ive not had a .25 bsa ultra yet .and have been looking for a while  

So thats a bsa ultra se ccs .newest model with bulit in shroud and mod .

18 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

Thats very nice .do you want to sell it to me .? 

Ive not had a .25 bsa ultra yet .and have been looking for a while  

So thats a bsa ultra se ccs .newest model with bulit in shroud and mod .

I'm sorry Stu but it's a keeper! A clonker of a gun ! 

I shoot another .25 in FAC and bought a serious amount of .25 pellets off a fella that stopped shooting.  This Ultra was in the rack at a local RFD and i thought i'd buy it to help use up the pellet stash. When you said it was a CCS (Customer Configurable Shoud) I remembered an article in one of the mags. I've looked it up and it's on page 74 of The Sporting Airgun Handbook Volume 12. The article featured a gun which was fitted with an ambidextrous sporter black pepper laminate stock SRP £699. I paid £400 for mine :yay:       

Here is my .177" T-10 Scorpion. I like the stock not having the cheek piece on both sides (I'm right handed) but only on the one side for a right handed shot. OTOH it still has the silly daft thumb scoop on the left side near the bolt. Why? No one I know holds a rifle with the thumb other than round the stock. Not held up on the same side as back of the hand.

I also like the fact that there's no air gauge on these models. I count magazines to know how many shots I've fired and if it needs a refill. The "action" appears slightly longer, as it is slightly longer, I had Phil Crampton at Ratworks fit an inline regulator. The moderator is the Hogan Decimeater that I think was weight for weight and size for size the most efficient and  the most elegant of all the then available moderators.

01010016.JPG

01010021.JPG

Edited by enfieldspares

• 2 weeks later...

totally stripped the old finish off(proper #### of a job) then sanded ,stain is a ebony colour ,two coats of tru-oil mixed with stain then a black floor wax ,thought I would look good with all the satin alloy fittings(handmade),its regged, blueprinted,lane gauge,rowen trigger and stripper.

JB

1 hour ago, ratass said:

totally stripped the old finish off(proper #### of a job) then sanded ,stain is a ebony colour ,two coats of tru-oil mixed with stain then a black floor wax ,thought I would look good with all the satin alloy fittings(handmade),its regged, blueprinted,lane gauge,rowen trigger and stripper.

JB

Very nice.

Heres my ultra se XtxTuned. With scorpion Cylinder. Huma reg. Hubb shroud. Polished trigger sears etc, Rowan trigger. Big bolt, Harris bipod. Hawke airmac 30. 

I like the stock but the cheek peice is low and id like if anyone has a spare a BSA SCORPION SE WALNUT STOCK ill pay as cant find one anywhere. 

Screenshot_20200408-072421_Gallery.jpg