leather RAF pilots gloves perfect for shooting

andrewluke

I got to jump in here and say that when I was a serving Parachute Regiment soldier we would have killed for these gloves. We did all we could by fair means or foul to get them. No one once they appropriated a pair ever left them unsupervised.

I'm sure they'll sell quickly at that price👍

1 minute ago, Centrepin said:

I got to jump in here and say that when I was a serving Parachute Regiment soldier we would have killed for these gloves. We did all we could by fair means or foul to get them. No one once they appropriated a pair ever left them unsupervised.

You obviously never asked the right person!:whistling:

6 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

We had a couple of guys who used to wear them at work- one was ex Lightning and the other? Well he was just a **** - first guy retired and second one was taken to one side and asked not to wear them anymore

Envy and the old green eyed jealousy eh?:lol:

2 hours ago, Centrepin said:

What made these so desirable? Surely they are just .....gloves?

6 hours ago, Jaymo said:

We had a couple of guys who used to wear them at work- one was ex Lightning and the other? Well he was just a **** - first guy retired and second one was taken to one side and asked not to wear them anymore

Why was he asked not to wear them any more?

8 hours ago, panoma1 said:

What made these so desirable? Surely they are just .....gloves?

Like a second skin. Protection for the hands. Able to complete most tasks wearing them. Can shoot, fight, work and when wearing in the field almost none stop for weeks on end don't dissolve or disintegrate like most commercial alternatives. 

2 hours ago, Jaymo said:

Because, I’m Commercial aviation there aren’t deemed to be necc and give a slightly odd impression to those around- if you know what I mean.

What exactly in commercial aviation please. First officer, Captain.?

I used to issue those cape leather gloves to the aircrew when i was in the RAF , They used to come back in a right state with all sort of excuses ,One pair came back into flying clothing for exchange and they were only 5" long , So small i think they would have only fitted a 2 year old ,The pilot had been using them for gardening and had  got them in a right state  so he decided to put them in the washing machine  with the next wash but he did not know  his wife was using a very hot wash  and tumble dry.