BSA R10 (FAC)

squirrel shooter

33 minutes ago, biketestace said:

The bloke on AAR you tube rates his, i understand that these guns in sub 12 or fac can be the muts nutz after JB or XTX have fettled with them 

hello, yes all those that i have seen or know have work done by JB or XT have been very pleased and the difference it made to their rifles

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

I own a R10 SE,FAC,  There really isn't a need to get it fettle'd , unless you feel the need. They are a great gun , once you have taken the BSA Regulator out , use it as a fishing weight , or on a plumb line, just NOT as a regulator , and put a Huma reg in . More shots per fill, no leaks,and, much more consistency.

Then , it will be more accurate than you are!     Great rifle 

I’ve got a BSA R10 Mk2 .22 FAC. It has a 15.5” barrel and was chrono’ed at 27fpe with JSB Exact (18.3 grain) by John Bowkett when he serviced the rifle. Apart from being a beautifully constructed rifle it’s deadly accurate and consistent. But the clincher for me was the price, £450 with a scope SH. It’s was an absolute bargain imho. I also have a HW100 sub and the BSA is just as accurate. It’s a lovely, well balanced rifle, you won’t be disappointed if you buy one. 

I have just sold mine. as I have let my Fire arm licence due to under use.

My opinions of the R10.

Good points.

1. Very well made and very accurate. A good balanced rifle. As good as the Theoben versions. Less expensive as some of the completion. much safer than a rimfire in and around farm buildings

Not so good points.

1. Not sure about the quoted shot count. As with all FAC air rifles, difficult to sell due to limited market. I sold mine at a very good price to the buyer.  If you are going to use it often  a 12ltr 300 bar bottle is a big help.as they do eat a fair amount of air.