Help with c 100 pid

Hi lads for some reason my c 100 pid thermal coupler is not working correctly the light come on set temperature to desired heat just to try it I am using a light at moment in stead of eat elemental the light comes on I warm up thermal prob the light goes out at set temperature but does not come back on till prob as dropped back at least 30 degrees below set temperature any advice please 

Hi Andy thanks for that but sadly I have tried all that and a lot more had note pad writing everything down alternating all the settings jotting down what I had but nothing is working I thought I had it yesterday turned it of had a bit dinner really pleased back in shed turned it on back shed and it went back to what normal all over place 

These cheap PID controllers do the job but are not as precise as the much more expensive makes.

Setting the PID values can be a pain and even then reaching the steady state temperature can take some time for it to settle often overshooting the required temperature before gradually settling to the required temperature.
What I do is set the required temperature to around 40 degrees less than required and once it starts to reach that gradually increase, towards the required temperature.
So if I want 340 I would start at 300 and when it overshoots to say 320 I would increase to 330 then once it goes to say 335 set it at 335 allow to settle then set 340 and allow it to settle at required temperature. The cheap controllers I find don’t like big changes, like ambient temp to 340 in one go.

Edited by rbrowning2