Shouldn’t have left the house yesterday. New squirrel gun.

NoBodyImportant

Went up to the farm to hunt some turkey,  stopped in a gas station that shares a parking lot with a gun store.  Long story short they got me.  Ruger Mkiv Hunter 22lr.  iJsrH6J.jpg

Ended up target shooting and sighting in my pistol so I probably scared the turkey away for a for days. 😂 

Edited by NoBodyImportant

2 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

Don't let the government salami slice your gun rights away as they did here. Thanks for posting. I used to always like eating squirrel. From what's on view you like your Ruger made handguns. 

Oh yeah.  Because of the rain and humidity I’m got the stainless girls out except for the Ruger American Bolt rifle.  I have the rifle out incase I need to reach out past 25yards.  But on the table being cleaned in my new Ruger mkiv, Ruger single ten, and a smith and wesson 217.  I clean guns sometimes why watching the woodline.  MJZcHKv.jpg

30 minutes ago, Modafinale said:

My friend used to have one of those obviously an older model. Pre pistol ban  !

only time I’d be a danger to squirrels with one was if I used it as a club .

😂

16 minutes ago, Scully said:

I turn a deeper shade of green each time you post. 

Just something about wood and stainless. 

We never got the Smith 217 here in the UK. The Model 17 yes. I had one. But never the 217. Thanks for posting. I enjoyed my S & W revolvers. On and off I had a Model 10, 12, 13, 17, 29, 57 and 65. And the .32 M & P and the .38 Special M & P that pre-dated the Model 10. Plus the same in .38 S & W British Contract. Also the Model of 1950 .45 ACP and the Triplelock in .455  and HE II in .455 and a pre-Model 27 .357 Magnum. I never took to Colt revolvers but had a few of those too! Once!

Edited by enfieldspares

30 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

3 pistols and a bottle of pepsi .

Ahh the american dream eh ? 

If only my friends could come hang out.  Normally I’d have a fire burning, meat on the grill and some friends to hang out with. 😞

30 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

We never got the Smith 217 here in the UK. The Model 17 yes. I had one. But never the 217. Thanks for posting. I enjoyed my S & W revolvers. On and off I had a Model 10, 12, 13, 17, 29, 57 and 65. And the .32 M & P and the .38 Special M & P that pre-dated the Model 10. Plus the same in .38 S & W British Contract. Also the Model of 1950 .45 ACP and the Triplelock in .455  and HE II in .455 and a pre-Model 27 .357 Magnum. I never took to Colt revolvers but had a few of those too! Once!

That was a typo.  It’s a model 17.  Well kinda.  A model 17 is blued,  SW puts 6 in front of stainless versions so it’s a 617.  

I'd seriously love a set up like that. One day when I win the lottery 😂

Dont know much about pistols, only 2 I like (and doesn't mean I know a thing about them) is the cz75 shadow and a 92f. Just both look the ********. When eventually I do go to the states I'll be going to a few ranges with a empty credit card  👍

Not any longer STRIMMER you won't if I am right. Since 9/11 the ability of an "alien" as in what the Americans call anyone non USA citizen including Brits to turn up and shoot on a range has been curtailed. I am happy to be told I am wrong but have a suspicion that I'm not. 

https://www.atf.gov/qa-category/nonimmigrant-aliens

Edited by enfieldspares

1 minute ago, enfieldspares said:

Not any longer STRIMMER you won't if I am right. Since 9/11 the ability of an "alien" as in what the Americans call anyone non USA citizen including Brits to turn up and shoot on a range has been curtailed. I am happy to be told I am wrong but have a suspicion that I'm not. 

I shot in America in 2014. It was a package deal at a range, just had to produce a passport and sign a waiver. The shooting was supervised.

You may be right with regards of hiring a gun and shooting unsupervised.

28 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

I shot in America in 2014. It was a package deal at a range, just had to produce a passport and sign a waiver. The shooting was supervised.

You may be right with regards of hiring a gun and shooting unsupervised.

There are more Canadians, Finnish, Germans at Knobscreek Machine gun festival then Americans.  You just tell them what you want to rent, pay and they hand you a machine gun.  I’m not saying it’s legal but that’s how it happens.  

Shot pistols on a range in Nevada in 2013. Shooting was supervised. It blew the instructors mind when my son in law proceeded to shoot one handed, left arm behind his back. He was told he would never hit the target unless he shot combat style. He went on to put thirty shots in a two inch circle. Range was maybe twenty yards. At home he uses a FWB65.

12 hours ago, strimmer_13 said:

On this very forum there is reports and stories of British citizens using American guns at American ranges. All im saying is ill be doing the same. 👍

Its not a problem I was in Georgia last October and hired several handguns at a range local to our office. Wasn't cheap though 

7 hours ago, Wingman said:

Its not a problem I was in Georgia last October and hired several handguns at a range local to our office. Wasn't cheap though 

My local place rents guns for $10 each but you have to shoot their ammo.  The range ammo is several more dollars a box then normal.  Plus it cost $15 a day to shoot on the range (or two hundred dollars a year).  I only shoot there when I meet friend for lunch in the city.  

3 hours ago, Scully said:

😀

That's because we accept any form of knee-jerk legislation in this country with relish and then have organisations as our voice that seek to further gold plate it. Chip-chip-chippety-chip...

Still, everyone is much safer with a totally pointless medical marker now.

Edited by mick miller

Nice pistols there. The club I used to belong to over here has a pistol range but it's limited to shooting a .32 wadcutter. I'm considering rejoining just to get into pistol shooting but would prefer to go 9mm. Problem with 9mm is the club near me that is cleared at their range for that is around £400 a year I think for membership. Wish I could afford it 😪