Boris makes a brilliant speech

Walker570

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Impressed last night when Boris came on and gave an absolutely brilliant speech about his experience.  A Statesman.

Indeed, very impressive.

2 minutes ago, Cheshirelad said:

Yes, 'Boris the buffoon' seems to be a thing of the past. He has grown into the PM's job, and his speech was straight from the heart.

Boris the buffoon never really existed. Much of his public image is/was very carefully played/acted.

There's a story of him arriving at some event to give a speech. When he arrived he claimed not to know what was going on and that he had forgotten his notes. He then went on to give a very amusing "off the cuff" speech. He then did exactly the same thing a couple of weeks later at another event. Same excuse, same OTC speech.

So many people think he's an idiot and honestly I think he's happy for them to think that way. It makes them far more likely to underestimate him.

He has grown into the role though. Who knows, he might turn into one of the greats. Up there with his own hero Winston. Hopefully though, this will be the only war he has to lead us through.

My son was/is an ardent remainer.   (He works for BMW so has valid reasons for his views).     He is nearly 59.   When Boris was doing the campaigning before the referendum and then the subsequent elections he was always ranting and raving about the 'buffoon with the scruffy hair'.

In the first week of the current lock down he telephoned me to say that he had revised his views on the man and thought he was doing an excellent job.

Now that is rare praise indeed. 

Edited by Grandalf
typo

8 minutes ago, Grandalf said:

My son was/is an ardent remainer.   (He works for BMW so has valid reasons for his views).     He is nearly 59.   When Boris was doing the campaigning before the referendum and then the subsequent elections he was always ranting and raving about the 'buffoon with the scruffy hair'.

In the first week of the current lock down he telephoned me to say that he had revised his views on the man and thought he was doing an excellent job.

Now that is rare praise indeed. 

Takes a solid disposition to change ones mind and admit it!:good:

Good rousing speech which shows the character of the man in his desire to lead from the front.

He would be aware that he could lift the spirits of many people by addressing the nation even if he didn’t feel up to it.

I am sure that he will be advised to rest in between making video appearances in the coming days and hopefully not too long before he’s bouncing around like Tigger again.

Hitman.

8 minutes ago, JDog said:

Personally I thought he appeared rather too soon after his indisposal. However what he said was rousing which is what the country needed. It must have been an effort to put on a suit and tie.

It was great to see him on the tv again, but I thought so too JDog. I thought he appeared a tad haunted with dark hollow eyes; reminded me of how my Dad had once looked after being seriously seriously ill.

He needs to ensure he gets all the rest he needs ( he won’t as he’s not that sort of person and knows he has a job to do ) to make a full recovery. The last thing we need is for him to get ill again, in my opinion. 

42 minutes ago, Scully said:

was great to see him on the tv again, but I thought so too JDog. I thought he appeared a tad haunted with dark hollow eyes; reminded me of how my Dad had once looked after being seriously seriously ill.

If he had left it a week or ten days and looked back to normal then I don't think it would have had the same effect, better to do the short video then go and rest.

47 minutes ago, oisin og said:

http://www.thenational.scot/news/18339251.watch-tory-mps-cheer-blocking-pay-rise-nhs-nurses/?ref=erec 

Boris and his colleagues showing their appreciation for nurses and other NHS Staff.

Take your snide comments elsewhere. 
Your as bad as those labour councillors who wished him dead. 

Time and a place for dispute ... when someone is recovering from serious illness and down isn’t it. 

Posting that video says more about your character than Boris’! 

6 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Time and a place for dispute ... when someone is recovering from serious illness and down isn’t it. 

Agreed.

8 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

+1

Edited by scobydog

2 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

I think that any experience such as he has just been through will change you; I suspect we will see the 'buffoon' less often now.  It was a good speech by any standards.

The buffoon and ego had already waned in the daily press conferences before he was taken ill. Totally agree on the speech. He was clearly emotional towards the end and I would not have blamed him if he'd lost it momentarily, the lads been through it a bit, to say the least.

2 hours ago, oisin og said:

http://www.thenational.scot/news/18339251.watch-tory-mps-cheer-blocking-pay-rise-nhs-nurses/?ref=erec 

Boris and his colleagues showing their appreciation for nurses and other NHS Staff.

Scottish independence rag.......what would you expect of them?.....any opportunity to try to score anti Westminster, pro independence political points! Wonder where to Irish poster is coming from, politically? :whistling: