Oak Saplings (FREE)

steve_b_wales

21 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

I have some one year old Oak saplings, free, if anyone wants some. I only ask for the postage/packing cost which will be under £5:00

Hi Steve, would love a few if poss...I'm trying to plant a small wood, that's lost quite a few trees, during the storms two years ago....:)

Good morning, 

I'd also be interested if you have enough, though not to worry if you don't, I was planning going acorn collecting with my little girls this year and we'll plant our own. Planted who knows how many when I was a kid but only one ever grew and I took the sapling to school, will need to visit the old primary school to see how it's doing after all this time. 

Thanks,

David

2 hours ago, Norrie said:

Hi Steve, would love a few if poss...I'm trying to plant a small wood, that's lost quite a few trees, during the storms two years ago....:)

Our local council give out free trees each year, worth keeping an eye out in your area.

5 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

Yes please! 

How many? We are planting up an area of land that was scrub. Bare root or potted? 

I'll check how many are ready to be sent off soon. They are in small 'homemade' pots, but will be removed from the earth and sent out bare rooted. They've always survived in the past.

I'll need your address details.

5 hours ago, Huntly said:

Good morning, 

I'd also be interested if you have enough, though not to worry if you don't, I was planning going acorn collecting with my little girls this year and we'll plant our own. Planted who knows how many when I was a kid but only one ever grew and I took the sapling to school, will need to visit the old primary school to see how it's doing after all this time. 

Thanks,

David

I'll sort out them out soon and get back in touch with you. I'll need your address details.

5 hours ago, Huntly said:

Good morning, 

Thanks,

David

I'll check how many are ready soon and will share what I've got with the others. I will need your address details.

Just to let you all know that I've got at least another 100 that have just started to germinate and will be ready for moving on later this year. I'm happy to send them out too, once they are ready. I've also got a few Horse Chestnut.