Guest cookoff013

They are expensive to make. But fun.

did you know that you can actually buy shells and make shells, and use them both? You are not married to the reloader !

51 minutes ago, DUNKS said:

NO AND NO! Unless you need exotic loads it's just not worth it.  Blackpowder is different story.

Thanks Dunks. That’s an emphatic NO then. Oh well, I will have to come up with another ploy to avoid domestic responsibilities. 🤔

7 minutes ago, cookoff013 said:

They are expensive to make. But fun.

did you know that you can actually buy shells and make shells, and use them both? You are not married to the reloader !

I guess it’s the set up costs that kill the job. I’m not after anything exotic, just wondered if I could make decent pigeon cartridges anywhere near commercial prices. 

NO AND NO! Unless you need exotic loads it's just not worth it.  Blackpowder is different story.

What he says. In the UK anyway we've rubbish cases with steel heads. In the USA they've proper cases (or did have) with brass heads. Simply given at present how inexpensive cartridges are here it isn't worth it unless you want an exotic load, a blackpowder load or a truly bespoke load. Say 7/8 ounce of #4 in a 70mm case for a pump action for close range bolted rabbits or 1 1/16 or #8 in a paper case and fibre wad for walked up snipe.

Edited by enfieldspares

Guest cookoff013

Ive a 9000. Sweet as.

One mod i have been advised on is a bearing on the bar push thingy, makrs it smooth. It can easilly thump out tons of shells in no time