Norfolk guides goose / ducks

Dominicrobed

1 hour ago, Dominicrobed said:

Hello

i was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction to book a few guided days morning goose and evening duck flights  for me and a couple of mates for next season. 
min the Norfolk area 

cheers 

No Goose or Duck guides. If you go on BASC web site you can get information on which clubs offer days tickets where you would have to be accompanied by a club member . Don't know whether they still do but Spalding Wildfowlers used to do day tickets where you could go alone Something I'd not advise unless you are experienced in coastal Wildfowling and know the area.

3 hours ago, Dominicrobed said:

Hello

i was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction to book a few guided days morning goose and evening duck flights  for me and a couple of mates for next season. 
min the Norfolk area 

cheers 

It would probably work out cheaper to join a wildfowling club, to be honest. You could then go for a few days whenever you fancied. 

If you were to join Fenland wildfowlers, for example, you would/could get mentored on your first few visits, anyway. This is as good as being guided. 

The price is pretty reasonable, too.

17 hours ago, Konnie said:

Holbeach changed this rule so I presume Spalding did the same must now be accompanied for safety reasons..and lease changes 

Yes - can confirm that Spalding also changed its rules. To apply for a day ticket you must now name (on the application) and be accompanied by a full member.

Edited by oxfordfowler

1 hour ago, Pushandpull said:

Does GW still take folk out on these marshes ?  I know he was looking for an "apprentice" a while back. (NB we are not talking about a professional guide here).

He was still talking guest and new members out last I heard, although I've not spoken to him since early last season.

On 16/04/2020 at 14:01, Big Mat said:

He was still talking guest and new members out last I heard, although I've not spoken to him since early last season.

Yes, GW is still the marsh warden and handles the day tickets for both Holbeach & Spalding clubs. He will accompany anyone who wishes to purchase a day ticket. Details can be found on the Holbeach & District Wildfowlers Association website.