Unhappy member seeking an alternative to BASC

Anglo

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 19/04/2020 at 21:14, andrewluke said:

didn't the CPSA try to change the name to Clay Target Shooting Association because they did not want to be associated with shooting game??

Yes they did, BUT it was at a time when everyone had to be seen to be P.C.  You would be surprised how many town dwellers thought and still think today, that a clay pigeon is actually a bird. This was at the time when the Commonwealth Games was coming to Manchester and at the AGM it was proposed to change the name to Target instead of Pigeon, to try and dispel the myths. After a vote, it was dropped and that was that. Around that time I ran a small shooting ground and we used the term 'target' instead of pigeon because of the local Councils stance on Country Sports.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Good luck with CPSA, as our club had a major problem and we had over a dozen of their members. They would not answer emails, phone messages or letters. Only person we had contact was the one who wanted our money, they were worse than useless.

On the other hand BASC did all they could to help, even though it was a clay club. They were very helpful. 

I know that the lead issue has peed a lot of shooters, but most other organisations had done the same

Insurance cover really is a minefield to have to walk through.

I am a member of nearly all the shooting associations so have cover from all of them . Surprise , surprise , in the small print most policies say that you cannot claim off them if you have other policies???????? BASC Insurance cover is administered by David Ilsley (BASC DAVID on this forum) absolutely top bloke to deal with but he is only as good as the BASC Insurance providers allow him to be , he is honest and fair .

As they say in post sales items 'Buyer Beware ' . You only find out how good your insurance cover is when you need to make a claim .

Stay Safe , Good shooting is no accident , better still is not having one .

15 minutes ago, Salopian said:

Insurance cover really is a minefield to have to walk through.

I am a member of nearly all the shooting associations so have cover from all of them . Surprise , surprise , in the small print most policies say that you cannot claim off them if you have other policies???????? BASC Insurance cover is administered by David Ilsley (BASC DAVID on this forum) absolutely top bloke to deal with but he is only as good as the BASC Insurance providers allow him to be , he is honest and fair .

As they say in post sales items 'Buyer Beware ' . You only find out how good your insurance cover is when you need to make a claim .

Stay Safe , Good shooting is no accident , better still is not having one .

I thought they actually said you can only claim on one policy whether you have others or not.