Slugs

pork chop

8 hours ago, pork chop said:

Was more referring to the complaints some have about the p15 barrel 

very much doubt they are choked 

I knew what you meant, I looked at these a while back, and the general feeling was if your happy to fettle re crown and mess a little they can be nice, also the popularity had bumped the prices up so I thought nah.

14 hours ago, Mice! said:

I knew what you meant, I looked at these a while back, and the general feeling was if your happy to fettle re crown and mess a little they can be nice, also the popularity had bumped the prices up so I thought nah.

Well my barrel shoots fine 

n I’ve done a lot of work to it 

C0899DB9-59A6-4CB2-9522-2FBEF2D2DA81.jpeg

28 minutes ago, villaman said:

Can’t see the point in sub 12 or .177

Not sure ,more of an itch .But till ya try ya never know

12 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Looks smart that, I really like how it looks with the shroud and cylinder being the same length. 

Me to but it doesn’t sound very good ,got a mark Dempsey one coming .Took me ages to make it to 

Did cocking lever conversion too

05C64A49-0CE8-4885-AF55-9CE74B7D6A04.jpeg

18 minutes ago, washerboy said:

Don't they just blow up? after all they are just a snail without a shell. 

Hahaha 🤣🤣🤣 nice to see a bit of humour 👍

My thoughts are,,,, pellets in their current form have been around for many many years and obviously do the job as intended, so why change to something that sounds like a reinvention of the wheel,,,, almost 🤔 Just like all the other attempts using odd shapes and added bits of plastic 😳😏

51 minutes ago, JKD said:

Hahaha 🤣🤣🤣 nice to see a bit of humour 👍

My thoughts are,,,, pellets in their current form have been around for many many years and obviously do the job as intended, so why change to something that sounds like a reinvention of the wheel,,,, almost 🤔 Just like all the other attempts using odd shapes and added bits of plastic 😳😏

I’d tend too agree with you ,but they do seem to be much better than used to be 

45 minutes ago, pork chop said:

I’d tend too agree with you ,but they do seem to be much better than used to be 

Perhaps they are, but how long have they been around,,,, the "better than used to be" ones that is ? My thinking is, that if a new design of something so important [in the world of airguns anyway] as this purports to be, it would have taken the (airgun) world by storm, and it hasn't. It's got people testing them and talking about them, but I haven't seen or heard anyone saying "WOW, these slugs are amazing, and sooo much better than....."  🤔

So,,,, are they the new 'wheel' ? Not yet it seems 😉

Edited by JKD

58 minutes ago, JKD said:

Perhaps they are, but how long have they been around,,,, the "better than used to be" ones that is ? My thinking is, that if a new design of something so important [in the world of airguns anyway] as this purports to be, it would have taken the (airgun) world by storm, and it hasn't. It's got people testing them and talking about them, but I haven't seen or heard anyone saying "WOW, these slugs are amazing, and sooo much better than....."  🤔

So,,,, are they the new 'wheel' ? Not yet it seems 😉

There has been a lot of people saying they’re great 

it’s what got my interest 

If you watch any online videos of long range shooting they all tend to use slugs.

Better BC so better down range speed and energy, much less wind affect on them so much more accurate. 

If a pellet is grouping 1/4"  at 25 yards, 1/2" at 50 yards then 3/4" at 75 yards and 1" at 100 yards it's moa. 

The slugs may group 1/2" at 25yards but will still be 1/2" at 100 yards, the people using them say the groups are staying the same unlike pellets.

11 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

One of the biggest issues with slugs is the extra contact (in bore ) surface area .can really slow the pellet and rob the muzzle energy .

On 16/04/2020 at 13:12, pork chop said:

With slugs being all the rage at the moment 

I’m just wondering if there’s any .177 slugs for sub 12ftlb.more out of interest at mo

Pork chop,,,, you originally asked this question, so I'm responding to this, ie sub 12 🙂 And I've quoted stu above to highlight a possible (guess?) issue 🤔

5 hours ago, figgy said:

If you watch any online videos of long range shooting they all tend to use slugs.

Better BC so better down range speed and energy, much less wind affect on them so much more accurate. 

If a pellet is grouping 1/4"  at 25 yards, 1/2" at 50 yards then 3/4" at 75 yards and 1" at 100 yards it's moa. 

The slugs may group 1/2" at 25yards but will still be 1/2" at 100 yards, the people using them say the groups are staying the same unlike pellets.

I'm talking sub 12, as pork chop asked in his opening post 😉

Not interested in fac power,,,, never going to go there as I don't need to 🙂

TBH, if slugs, or any other different pellet design/option, worked well, I'd give them a go.