Tyre advice

Eyefor

Any tyre experts on here please?

I have a double axle Ifor Williams GD126 trailer (max load 2750Kg) for which the recommended tyres are 650R16 10 PR LT - which I understand is a van tyre?

These are a fairly tall sided tyre and are fitted to a Land Rover type steel 5 stud steel rims.

Two of the tyres have the same tread pattern, one a different tread pattern and one is near bald.

I thought I had this sorted with buying 4 new 175 / 75 / 16's but the tyre co said these weren't suitable. 

Would anyone on here be able to advise which standard tyre (like 175 / 75 / 16) would be suitable as the 10ply are silly expensive.

Thanks in advance.

46 minutes ago, Deker said:

Call camskill to confirm but they list a van tyre with the same spec for £66 however I've never heard of the make so could be a ditchfinder

https://www.camskill.co.uk/m91b0s2810p0/Van_Tyres_-_Trailer_Tyres_-_Caravan_Tyres_-_Motorhome_Tyres_-_Minibus_Tyres_-_16_inch_R16_inch_-_650_16_6_50R16

Thanks for this. I understand Riken are made by Michelin so should be the better buy. I'll give them a call.

If I remember rightly (check) they are supposed to only put 8ply plus onto trailer rims. My local independent might possibly have suggested to someone I once knew that if they just presented the rims which were being used for a kit car anything could then be fitted. 

I have some 8ply tyres that were the commercial pickup version and were about 50 quid each that would fit on our horse box.