Fox shot

Konor

1 hour ago, Loki said:

Hi K

I am reading Pack n Rifle at the moment I have the other one too, didnt think you would be interested as would have moved on.........

Enjoy - I do couple of times a year (same as Jim Corbetts books in India)!

L

If you like Corbett’s books you’ve probably read Hunter by J A Hunter. My uncle loaned me it when I was about 14  I loved it. I haven’t read it since but still remember the account of multiple lions attacking his camp.

The 222 was used extensively by bench rest shooters years back not much difference between 222 /223 but the 223 more common now 222 taken a back seat but I as said I love the 222 sweet shooting round at reasonable ranges it’s a bit of a legendary round amongst the older Fox shooters 👍👍👍

3 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

You have a Ruger Number one? Nice.  I want one in 223

Thanks ,they did make them in .222 at one point. I like the simplicity of it and the lines reminiscent of the old Scottish single shots. Bill Ruger had some great guns built .I liked the picture of your Ruger squirrel handgun much like the number 1 design with its clean lines and rugged appearance, I shot a mk1 years ago they were quite popular here before the ban. The newer ones with the fluted barrel are very attractive and accurate too going by the 100 yard gongs you were regularly hitting. I owned a Ruger Red Label sporting clays model once ,a bit barrel heavy for me but it would be handy now with the steel shot becoming likely in the future.

7 hours ago, Konor said:

Thanks ,they did make them in .222 at one point. I like the simplicity of it and the lines reminiscent of the old Scottish single shots. Bill Ruger had some great guns built .I liked the picture of your Ruger squirrel handgun much like the number 1 design with its clean lines and rugged appearance, I shot a mk1 years ago they were quite popular here before the ban. The newer ones with the fluted barrel are very attractive and accurate too going by the 100 yard gongs you were regularly hitting. I owned a Ruger Red Label sporting clays model once ,a bit barrel heavy for me but it would be handy now with the steel shot becoming likely in the future.

I think the red label with English stock is the most attractive shotgun ever made.  They made a gold label sxs that had the same lines.  

H2373-L147223837.jpg

But yes the Mkiv Rugers are very accurate.  They have a huge after market support to make them better also. 

2 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

I think the red label with English stock is the most attractive shotgun ever made.  They made a gold label sxs that had the same lines.  

H2373-L147223837.jpg

But yes the Mkiv Rugers are very accurate.  They have a huge after market support to make them better also. 

It’s got nice lines. I shot last season with a straight handed stock beretta o/u 20 bore and it improved my shooting. I’ve just bought another straight handed stocked 12 bore so hoping that shoots well for me too . It will take a few weeks to arrive with ongoing Covid problem. I’ll try to post a couple of pictures

This picture is a bit clearer three shots and three birds down ,hasn’t happened before and happy to have it happen once . The light weight allows me to get in front of the bird better especially with snap shots when you have little time.

DACFBF3B-7531-4645-887F-79DBF4571555.jpeg

Detail of the 12 bores engraving

1E582C26-9217-42B5-8C42-9C023F440F22.jpeg

15 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

Lovely 

Thanks Walked up ,it has a cracked stock at the top tang though hence my ability to afford it . A bit of a gamble but I’ll save a bit and hopefully have it repaired ,fingers crossed. It’s my retirement present for next year and so far has cost me the price of a secondhand 687

Edited by Konor
Addition

On 18/04/2020 at 22:18, NoBodyImportant said:

Nice

Thanks, the  second from bottom is a Parker reproduction built in the Olin-Kodensha factory where the Winchester 101 was produced , not so common over here.

Edited by Konor