Which 3” cases for steel

I’m trying to get back into loading 3” steel after a couple of years off. I have powder, wads, primers and shot and am trying to work out which cases to load.
My plan is to get Clay Game to test me some loads, but I don’t know whether to use some Remington cases I have, or an assortment of others. The others are a mixture of Gamebore mammoth, eley bismuth and some express. Other than brass length, are these all Cheddite cases does anyone know?

C18E6AAC-A23E-4F70-B88D-2133A9966491.jpeg

90430CF4-81CA-4CC4-870F-60348E9CBD52.jpeg

Edited by shootingmike

Remington 3" cases are some of my favourites to load, giving fantastic crimps. They also reload a few times if kept free from rust. I use a fair few of the 3" mammoth cases, too (cheddite). Those cases you have pictured are likely identical internally, which is all that really matters to me.

From what i noticed the cases in your pics are chediteas, the wads you have will probably be B&P 35s "different name in the states CSDs etc and different again in the southern hemisphere"  and a good wad in the chedite case.

In new cases Chedites from CGR tend to be slightly more money than the Rio 76Mm cases "when they have those in" The rio hulls are similar in performance to chedites re case volume etc, but the G1000 rio primer is hotter/ higher briscance than the CX2000s in new chedite hulls. And if your loading the rios again remember the G1000s are a slightly bigger primer, so you will need that size primer for reloading a second time if your bothering. Not a problem in its self as the Rio primers are not expensive, but i am guessing you will have cx2000s not rios so its something else you have to buy in these times.

Once fired USA hulls are what i tend to use, better plastic tubes and once fired cases are similar price to the cheaper rios but have crimp folds to index off can make it easier to get a good crimp"depending on your machine" Also they will need sizing and priming, new chedites or rios are primmed.

Dont rule out fiocchi either, it may be you can get them, they are similar case capacities to chedites / rios etc.

Much more 3 inch case info here in this link. to a sticky on DHC.

https://www.duckhuntingchat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=175074

5 hours ago, shootingmike said:

Thanks lancer, that’s great. Bang on too - it is the B&P S35 was and cx2000 primers I have. Sounds like they’ll be fine in any of those cases then. Just need to work out how much powder to try now.

not sure what propellent your using Just go with whatever data you are using, Remember if A steel its a little higher pressure newer lots than older lots.