Helping others

B725

Yesterday I cut the two front lawns next door as she's only a young lass on her own and working a lot of hour's arranging medical supplies for the NHS it was that long I could only use a third of the mowers cut and she would have struggled to do it herself, I also mowed the grass verges in front of our four house's to make it look tidy as the council aint mowing them at the minute. I know it's not much but it gave her a smile thinking someone has helped out.

33 minutes ago, B725 said:

Yesterday I cut the two front lawns next door as she's only a young lass on her own and working a lot of hour's arranging medical supplies for the NHS it was that long I could only use a third of the mowers cut and she would have struggled to do it herself, I also mowed the grass verges in front of our four house's to make it look tidy as the council aint mowing them at the minute. I know it's not much but it gave her a smile thinking someone has helped out.

well done buddy , its nice to be nice :good:.

Well done.  I do think this lockdown has brought the best out of people in the main, ok occasional idiot but rare.  In our small hamlet of 140 people the care around the place has been immense. We really are not struggling to look after ourselves but both in our eightieth year and the response has been tremendous with almost daily telephone calls to see if we need anything and deliveries of groceries. The guy who keeps his bees in my wood turned up with a bag full of goodies and a large bunch of tulips for my wife, totally out of the blue.

"Thought you might want these" he said over the gate. I offered cash and he refused. 

I see only 9 % of people thought the country should go back to normal and I agree as all the people I meet are managing and helping others where ever, realising this ain't no normal common cold. It WILL kill you.

Edited by Walker570

did you ask them first ?

My neighbour weeded my front garden as she’s  boarded? 

some may think it’s a nice gesture 

I didn’t 

she has absolutely no idea about gardening pulled all the seed pods off the snowdrops that I had carefully cross pollinated pulled up all the seedling snowdrops and proceeded to dig it chucking out most of the stock bulbs 

throwing about 3 years work away And a serious amount of stock 

no I didn’t smile 

1 hour ago, B725 said:

gs 

Next door was at work that's why I did it for her and there wasn't anyone at all when I did the verges.No I didn't ask but I've helped before with the lawns when she first moved in,she was very pleased I had done it for her as because of working long hours ensuring medical supplies get out she was struggling for time, I have very good neighbors and I don't mind helping.

Edited by B725

Been out on 4 calls today  volunteering with our local 4x4 response group tasked and coordinated by the red Cross via the local resilience forum. Shopping done, food parcels delivered, prescriptions delivered and all while sporting one of Lins super masks!

AS Melb3 posted

its always nicer to be nice, 

Ive sorted out next doors garden, cut the hedge, 16feet down to a managable 6feet, chipped and spread out as weed suppressant. Dug a veg patch, put in 3 rows of spuds, made 3 raised beds for other veg. 

1 hour ago, treetree said:

Seriously? You've been watching too much Piers Morgan. There is a statistically small chance it MIGHT kill you. Let's not get carried away.

Ok, how about if he said "It could kill someone you love." ? Particularly someone elderly? Or underlying conditions

2 hours ago, B725 said:

Nice work 👏👏

1 hour ago, Old farrier said:

My neighbour weeded my front garden as she’s  boarded? 

O poop,  I'll bet she knows about snow drops now😥😥

17 minutes ago, Dougy said:

AS Melb3 posted

its always nicer to be nice, 

Ive sorted out next doors garden, cut the hedge, 16feet down to a managable 6feet, chipped and spread out as weed suppressant. Dug a veg patch, put in 3 rows of spuds, made 3 raised beds for other veg. 

I am selling up Dougy and coming to live next door to you. 🤣

1 minute ago, 7daysinaweek said:

I am selling up Dougy and coming to live next door to you. 🤣

Erm by reading your previous post i can only assume that your not a 5" 2 blond with a 44 JJ bust who lives on your own. 

No, you stay were you are i think you would be dissapointed. :lol:

57 minutes ago, Dougy said:

Erm by reading your previous post i can only assume that your not a 5" 2 blond with a 44 JJ bust who lives on your own. 

No, you stay were you are i think you would be dissapointed. 

🤣

I am 5"6 with brown hair and have all of my own teeth if that helps. On the other hand think I'll take your advice.