Yeast and Flour Arrived Yesterday

moondoggy

Took me over three weeks of persistence at all hours of the day to finally place an order and have it delivered.

It even took DPD three days to get it to me on their 24 hour service.

Anyway, I now have 17.5kg of bread flour and 500 grams of dried yeast. So, it should see me through the current crisis.

My daughters fella is a postie, last week delivering to a flour mill he was offered 2 x 21kgย  sacks of strong Canadian bread flour. He bought both and brought me one. No yeast, even the mill can't source it. It makes the nicest bread but already I'm running short as I've let family and friends take some.

Still, it's nice to know if you can collect from a mill its available. Just got to find more yeast now......and find a good enough reasonย to travel about an hour to get more flour. I asked the Police, they say 15 to 20 mins is reasonable anything over is not.

38 minutes ago, Centrepin said:

My daughters fella is a postie, last week delivering to a flour mill he was offered 2 x 21kgย  sacks of strong Canadian bread flour. He bought both and brought me one. No yeast, even the mill can't source it. It makes the nicest bread but already I'm running short as I've let family and friends take some.

Still, it's nice to know if you can collect from a mill its available. Just got to find more yeast now......and find a good enough reasonย to travel about an hour to get more flour. I asked the Police, they say 15 to 20 mins is reasonable anything over is not.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/FWP-Matthews-Strong-White-Flour/dp/B086GYH19Y/ref=sr_1_9?dchild=1&keywords=Bread+flour&qid=1587201404&sr=8-9

8 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

What recipe did you use?

275ml tepid water

500g strong white flour

1 teaspoon dry yeast

1 tablespoon coarse sea salt

ย 

Did mine in the Kenwood (as per the recipe) for 15 minutes

Put the water, 3 tablespoons of flour and the yeast in the mixer and let stand for 10 mins

Turn on mixer and add the rest of the flour 1 tablespoon at a time and let the dough hook knead for 15 mins

Add the salt and mix for another 2 mins

Cover bowl and leave to rise for 2 hours

Flour a surface, knock back dough, divide in to two and shape both pieces into ballsย 

Place on parchment and cover with moist towel and leave for 4 hours

Then ready to shape and top

55 minutes ago, Centrepin said:

The problems is, nowhere had stock, now some places are starting to get stock but they are not accepting orders as they are too busy.

They dangle a carrot, but donโ€™t let you have a nibble. It is so frustrating.

32 minutes ago, loriusgarrulus said:

Thanks, almost twice the price of the mill, but at least its delivered๐Ÿ‘

16 minutes ago, moondoggy said:

ย 

The problems is, nowhere had stock, now some places are starting to get stock but they are not accepting orders as they are too busy.

They dangle a carrot, but donโ€™t let you have a nibble. It is so frustrating.

This is very true.

ย 

My daughter just phoned me, Jack's bargain centre (it's a Tesco outlet store) have loads in, she just got me a box. 1 box per customer but they allowed her 2 as she's my registered carer, so 1 for each household.๐Ÿ‘

3 minutes ago, Centrepin said:

Thanks, almost twice the price of the mill, but at least its delivered๐Ÿ‘

This is very true.

ย 

My daughter just phoned me, Jack's bargain centre (it's a Tesco outlet store) have loads in, she just got me a box. 1 box per customer but they allowed her 2 as she's my registered carer, so 1 for each household.๐Ÿ‘

Glad to know you are sorted.

I know when this is all over, I will always make sure I have plenty in stock, just in case. ๐Ÿ‘