white woodie

clangerman

not one for sharing my pics but as promised a fan white woodie pictured with my name sake the clanger seen the day before feeding two fields away never expected it to show up in the bag shot into the sun so unseen as white at the time or it would have been allowed to fly on shot one in the 70s with extra white in the wing bars but nothing like this one made the day a nice memory 

75A95AEA-90C8-4CB0-9D92-4CB518190FE7.jpeg.e72fa7d814f1912d7165795caaf6a273.jpeg

16 hours ago, clangerman said:

not one for sharing my pics but as promised a fan white woodie pictured with my name sake the clanger seen the day before feeding two fields away never expected it to show up in the bag shot into the sun so unseen as white at the time or it would have been allowed to fly on shot one in the 70s with extra white in the wing bars but nothing like this one made the day a nice memory 

75A95AEA-90C8-4CB0-9D92-4CB518190FE7.jpeg.e72fa7d814f1912d7165795caaf6a273.jpeg

Not common by no means but not that rare neither , I have shot mottled one's like that before , some have got more White feathers and others are a bit more Creamy colour , I once saw a pure White Wood Pigeon that Frost Game of Brockdish had in the freezer , they were going to have it set up but poor old Cisel Frost passed away and I never did know what happened to it , by the way , I do like the look of your dog .

Talking about a one off , have you ever shot a Wood pigeon with a ring on it's leg , I have only shot one and when I mentioned it to our game dealer who have handled 1000s upon 1000s he was saying he had never had one brought in with a ring on , by the way my one was ringed a few miles away from where I shot it in Norfolk.

thank you the clanger is a good story teasing a keeper he would one day give me one of his expensive pups in need of a new dog he gave me the clanger come training time i complained she’s a total nut case the keeper replied why do you think i picked you that one and laughed his head of but she’s turned into a good dog so i swallowed my lesson 

5 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

Nice picture and handsome looking dog 

thanks for posting 

seen a few black and white blackbirds and jackdaws with white on them 

shot a fair number of white pheasants over the year’s 

thanks i have a resident crow with white wings on a perm had him once but on pulling the trigger it helps if you load the rifle first