Every Day Gents Watch recomendation

Keith RW

Just managed to bust my every day watch during the week (winder suddenly disappeared and watch stopped at just after 08.00 whilst doing a bit of manual labour)  being lost without one went in the drawer for old backup (previous one that was old and tired) only to find out why I purchased this one..... that too not working.

Ok, upstairs for "best watch" present from wife (accurist) many years ago and not one for everyday but will get me away for now... flat battery....doh

Now in the market for another every day one and whilst looking and searching the internet I get to notice at what is out there and half decent ones that I have not really had an interest in previously.

Have to be careful of cabin fever kicking in and that another collecting interest doesn't start up as you could really get quite a few of the more expensive ones in a drawer let alone a gun cabinet

Fancy a Seiko automatic or similar quality equivalent preferably sub £100 as anything above that wouldn't be for every day , what do you guys make use of

Lorus lumibrite sports. Made by Seiko, though not automatic, batts last for years. Stays correct to the second for months, only time I ever need to alter it is when there is not 31 days in the month or the clocks change. Got loads of more expensive watches but wear this all the time.

10 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Timex Expedition all the way. The one I have on at the moment I purchased in the States for about $15 25yrs ago and apart from batteries it has not missed a second. I have another Timex Expedition I purchased in the late eighties and that also never mises a beat.  Look tidy as well.

I've got one of these as well, leather strap and it lights up with a push.

I used a seiko 5 for a number of years but got frustrated with poor time keeping and fit/finish. Now wear a seagull which was more expensive, albeit still rather cheap, but far better made and keeps much better time. 

If you can tolerate quartz you can get lovely watches at remarkably low prices. I just don’t like the way they tick so stick with automatics. 

45 minutes ago, PhilR said:

Time Expedition does me for daily wear. Press the winder button and it illuminates the face, handy at night. 

+1 for the Timex, great watch and have had mine for donkeys years, no problems just the odd battery. Now largely use a Fitbit, rechargeable and keep an eye on my exercise. I have a number of posh watches, Garrard, omega seamaster and a 1940’s Lord Elgin.

I use a casio wave ceptre .

Its radio controlled  automatic .so updates the correct time every night at 1 am .so its always corret .

I have a cheap (£40 ) digital screen one from argos  for every day work stuff that has a few scratches but keeps on ticking .and a very nice analogue one which charges its self up in sun light.

So it always correct and never runs out of batteries  now that is awesome to my mind  

21 hours ago, Mice! said:

Lorus lumibrite, cheap as chips from Argos but clear and simple.

Yep, 

13 hours ago, B725 said:

£80 from Argos never needs a battery or winding just some form of light now and then, it keeps perfect time, yes I know the dates wrong. 

20200418_200429_copy_1512x2016.jpg

Yep they're ok too.

2 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

I use a casio wave ceptre .

Its radio controlled  automatic .so updates the correct time every night at 1 am .so its always corret .

I have a cheap (£40 ) digital screen one from argos  for every day work stuff that has a few scratches but keeps on ticking .and a very nice analogue one which charges its self up in sun light.

So it always correct and never runs out of batteries  now that is awesome to my mind  

and another vote for the waveceptor.

I had an early one that kept perfect time, but was a bit chunky, then my wife bought me a titanium cased one. Light, precise timekeeper, solar charging

the seiko prospex was playing up, not paying yet again for it to be fixed, so on the strength of the ultrastu post I now own one of the above, impressive the way it set itself when i opened it into the daylight, has more features than I will ever use, its waterproof but I don't think I will be hand tailing any salmon this year, it should be accurate as it resets its self via radio waves and with all this sunshine it should keep fully charged

Day Watch

Citizen Military Style Eco Drive Watch - Inexpensive second hand with time day and date and less than £100 when new.

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/citizen-eco-drive-mens-military-style-watch-BM8180-03E/184266282591?hash=item2ae720565f:g:tnQAAOSw8MpeoiFr

Going Out watch

Citizen Perpetual (Black) Chrono Eco Drive - Mid price atomic clock controled but not flashy

60 mins of sun light or equivalent a month keeps them going indefinetly.

15 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

Excellent .

I love my casios .

They look good and are always right. 

Which model did you get .?

got the WVA-M640D-2AER, shopped around on the net, got it for under £75 so happy with that considering what some places were charging for one,

pleased also that the blue of the face is subdued and doesn't shout at you like on some