Women's sports

The Heron

Well it's all kicked off here all I said was that women's sports was carp it's slow and unwatchable take Wimbledon for example they want the same money for playing two sets less and as for football and cricket it's just like watching a broken lift going down I would never pay to watch that the only reason that the BBC promote women's sport is that they can't afford to broadcast proper sport because sky have it all. 

My niece supports a women’s football team and I think it’s great. She got into my car and saw a football and assumed it was my wife’s. I have no time for suppressing the aspirations of girls.

I personally would much rather watch women’s tennis than men’s. The men’s game is frankly tedious and at least some of the women look great.

3 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

My niece supports a women’s football team and I think it’s great. She got into my car and saw a football and assumed it was my wife’s. I have no time for suppressing the aspirations of girls.

I personally would much rather watch women’s tennis than men’s. The men’s game is frankly tedious and at least some of the women look great.

I'm a big Federer fan, and his tennis is still a joy to behold, but you're right, the men's is tediously predictable. The slams just shared out between the big three (what might have been, Andy!). The women's, on the other hand, is much less predictable and much more varied. Last year's Wimbledon final was a classic example of power vs variety. Halep wiped the floor with Williams. 

As for football, it's just the same as men's: Good games bad. A good women's game is just as enjoyable and let's be honest for every Liverpool vs Barca, or Ajax vs Tottenham  semi final that's amazing, there's a Liverpool Vs Tottenham final that is absolute garbage from start to finish.

I'm not in the least bit interested in men's football because I quickly get bored with them falling over and pretending they're hurt as soon as some one gets withing 2 metres of them or deliberately fouling as if a 'professional foul' is acceptable.

The women just play football and, if they do fall over then they just get up and carry on. Proper sport.

Women's cycling just as high quality, just as competitive as the men's. The same for hockey, badminton, squash and a whole shed load of things.

You mention cricket. That Lord's final wasn't that high in quality for 90 of the 102 overs played. Full of tension, drama and intrigue, but not much high quality. Exactly the same as the women's final in 2017. Loved every minute of both of them!

9 minutes ago, KFC said:

I'm not in the least bit interested in men's football because I quickly get bored with them falling over and pretending they're hurt as soon as some one gets withing 2 metres of them or deliberately fouling as if a 'professional foul' is acceptable.

The women just play football and, if they do fall over then they just get up and carry on. Proper sport.

Except for Nikita Parris. She's loves a tumble and a Platoon pose!

20 hours ago, The Heron said:

Well it's all kicked off here all I said was that women's sports was carp it's slow and unwatchable take Wimbledon for example they want the same money for playing two sets less and as for football and cricket it's just like watching a broken lift going down I would never pay to watch that the only reason that the BBC promote women's sport is that they can't afford to broadcast proper sport because sky have it all. 

Yeah I mean take this, just as boring as hell

18 hours ago, Old farrier said:

Ardent fan of the local ladies beach volleyball team I’ve got a season ticket 😂😊👍

You sir are a man after my own heart 👍.

Nothing better than spending an afternoon in front of the telly watching ladies beach volleyball,  obviously I like to join in , so I wear my speedos,  and put my feet in a bucket of sand .

Just now, mel b3 said:

You sir are a man after my own heart 👍.

Nothing better than spending an afternoon in front of the telly watching ladies beach volleyball,  obviously I like to join in , so I wear my speedos,  and put my feet in a bucket of sand .

Don't  you fall over when you get out of the armchair. Lin won't appreciate the sand all over the front room carpet either. 👎

5 minutes ago, loriusgarrulus said:

Don't  you fall over when you get out of the armchair. Lin won't appreciate the sand all over the front room carpet either. 👎

Not at all , she knows not to disturb me on volleyball days 😅.

Talking of sand , lin used to work in a pub that used to do all manner of mad things. They decided to have an all day beach party , so they covered the carpet with polythene,  and borrowed ten tons of sand into the pub 😅.

5 minutes ago, loriusgarrulus said:

Doing the sand dance on the front room carpet and grinding the sand into the carpet won't be appreciated either. (Bit slim for Mel too)

We live in tipton , we can't afford carpet 😆.

3 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Lin has put up with far worse from mel.:w00t:

I'm afraid you're right 😳.