North Yorkshire. Lockdown.

clay shooter

can anyone from north yorkshire please tell us if the north yorkshire police can issue a letter or give an ID number in orger to help farm crop protection as travel restrictions are in place and shooting is  NOT classed as an allowed  activity. It is just leisure activity as is fishing...Do.  North Yorkshire do this.Has anyone applied??

Hello Clay Shooter,

Shooting is permitted for crop protection (food production) purposes. You ring 101 and ask for a code number. They take some details - and they also ask if you are shooting alone for obvious reasons. Unfortunately I can’t specifically help you re Yorks, but I have just gone through this process in Northumberland today and it worked pretty well. You also need to ring 101 when you’re finished so they can cancel your code number.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

1 hour ago, Fellside said:

Hello Clay Shooter,

Shooting is permitted for crop protection (food production) purposes. You ring 101 and ask for a code number. They take some details - and they also ask if you are shooting alone for obvious reasons. Unfortunately I can’t specifically help you re Yorks, but I have just gone through this process in Northumberland today and it worked pretty well. You also need to ring 101 when you’re finished so they can cancel your code number.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

Thanx will pass that on as i have had several offers to shoot here..but we are a very private family estate .

13 hours ago, clay shooter said:

can anyone from north yorkshire please tell us if the north yorkshire police can issue a letter or give an ID number in orger to help farm crop protection as travel restrictions are in place and shooting is  NOT classed as an allowed  activity. It is just leisure activity as is fishing...Do.  North Yorkshire do this.Has anyone applied??

DEFRA says crop protection is essential. Go to the BPCA website.