Back after ten years

Elmore Fudd

HI, I've put a deposit down on a .22 Air Arms 410F which i'll get once the restrictions on sales are lifted. Very exited as I could only afford a springer before  with an average scope. This one cones with a Hawke AirMax 3-12x50. Looks like it has the standard barrel end it came with, not sure if it has any silencing effect at all or is just a weight? So will be getting a silencer/moderator. THinking Weirauch or the Air Arms Q-Tec. Can someone tell me what the barrel attachemnt size is and any preferences as to silencer for this rifle?

Cheers

AL

1226693_-_photo_1_1579017753_img.jpg

1226693_-_photo_2_1579017754_img.jpg

21 minutes ago, Elmore Fudd said:

Cheers, that confirms what I saw on another website

I've just measured my old Air Arms suppressor off my S410 and it is 10mm.

I'm presuming the S410s are all the same size barrel, mine is quite old, it's before the grooves on the dust cap.

Edited by Newbie to this

Thanks for your help. Was looking for a good price and learned this

"*If purchasing in the UK this Silencer can either be collected from our shop or sent to an RFD or your choice (please enter the nominated dealer's details in the delivery address on check out)."

Can get it sent to the shop I'm getting the rifle and other gear from. I'll email them. Or just get them to order one for me.

Cheers

AL

On the subject of mods. I've used both and the HW probably just has the edge in terms of sound suppression. The thing I don't like about it (I have one on my HW110) is that it does scratch  easily and wears those scratches quite obviously. From what I remember, the Q-Tec's better for that.

1 minute ago, chrisjpainter said:

On the subject of mods. I've used both and the HW probably just has the edge in terms of sound suppression. The thing I don't like about it (I have one on my HW110) is that it does scratch  easily and wears those scratches quite obviously. From what I remember, the Q-Tec's better for that.

I'de be happy witha pre owned mod anyway so not that fussed. I believe the Wierauch is also cheaper?

4 hours ago, Elmore Fudd said:

HI, I've put a deposit down on a .22 Air Arms 410F which i'll get once the restrictions on sales are lifted. Very exited as I could only afford a springer before  with an average scope. This one cones with a Hawke AirMax 3-12x50. Looks like it has the standard barrel end it came with, not sure if it has any silencing effect at all or is just a weight? So will be getting a silencer/moderator. THinking Weirauch or the Air Arms Q-Tec. Can someone tell me what the barrel attachemnt size is and any preferences as to silencer for this rifle?

Cheers

AL

1226693_-_photo_1_1579017753_img.jpg

1226693_-_photo_2_1579017754_img.jpg

It is just a cover cap, protects the crown and fitting. Put a decent moderator on it, I have the old AA one. It’s fine but doesn’t match the barrel finish. 

2 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

It is just a cover cap, protects the crown and fitting. Put a decent moderator on it, I have the old AA one. It’s fine but doesn’t match the barrel finish. 

Thanks WalkedUp, I will certainly be getting one. The review I read said the Q-tec was very good.

3 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

I think you might be right, there. I've used pretty much every air rifle silencer out there and the HW is still the best

Cheers, I'll keep that in mind.

7 minutes ago, figgy said:

Welcome back, hopefully you'll post a bit more, the Air Arms are a nice rifle, Blade silencers get good reviews and are cheap enough.

Just looked 10 posts since 2009 😂

Sure is a nice rifle and accurate all day long. I'll try and do some updates on how I find the rifle etc. Time flies don't it.

The standard AA mod is all the 410 needs, around £20 used if you can find one. Make sure both O rings are changed (assuming the gun is used?) on the bolt and charge to 170 bar - check zero and first 4-5 shots will be a gnats knacker low, the following 50 will make you look like Annie Oakley on steroids. Carry a batch of 50 pellets and aim to recharge once the 50 are used. Don't bother cleaning the barrel unless accuracy drops off and do not believe the sexually self sufficient peddlers of doom and gloom when they tell you that your gun will rust in front of your eyes or that the barrel bends like Sadie Sterns whip.

Hi Bruno, thanks for the tips. Can I change the O rings myself. Yes it is used. I think the stock is from an older S410 as the newer F is ambidextrous. I had heard 180 bar, to be safe. I'm not intending on taking the rifle in the bath with me or using it as a golf bat so I should be fine lol. Cheers for the tips. Been watching a lot of h YouTube vids to familiarise myself with it.