Shore fishing in Dorset.

kennett

Well, my week in Cornwall over Easter was obviously cancelled 😔 Had the genius idea today of a road trip with a couple of mates at the end of the summer (hopefully we will have been set free by then), set off Friday afternoon and fish over the weekend and sleep in the truck or bring a tent.  Can anyone reccomend somewhere, looking at Dorset as it's a bit closer, somewhere like Kimmeridge where we can find a few species on a variety of tackle.

Thanks

11 minutes ago, kennett said:

Well, my week in Cornwall over Easter was obviously cancelled 😔 Had the genius idea today of a road trip with a couple of mates at the end of the summer (hopefully we will have been set free by then), set off Friday afternoon and fish over the weekend and sleep in the truck or bring a tent.  Can anyone reccomend somewhere, looking at Dorset as it's a bit closer, somewhere like Kimmeridge where we can find a few species on a variety of tackle.

Thanks

hello, September October you can find the bass off chesil beach, i caught my best one off Bridport beach, i have a book on sea fishing in dorset, by hugh stoker it is worth buying a second hand one

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

4 minutes ago, Lampwick said:

Hopes Nose! Torbay! 

Can I come?? 

Guess I will have to! Just noticed you said a couple of mates!! 😂

Ha how very dare you! Feel free, I can't promise we can fit you in the truck but more than welcome to come for some beer and watching me trying to catch my first bass after about 300 years of trying 

2 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, September October you can find the bass off chesil beach, i caught my best one off Bridport beach, i have a book on sea fishing in dorset, by hugh stoker it is worth buying a second hand one

Thanks, I'll add it to the list. Looking for somewhere we can do some spinning and throw some plastic about too.

8 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Kimmerige bay, same tides as Lulworth cove, theres quite a lot of rocks on my map, where will you get bait? if there is a westerly gale all the better,

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

9 minutes ago, kennett said:

Ha how very dare you! Feel free, I can't promise we can fit you in the truck but more than welcome to come for some beer and watching me trying to catch my first bass after about 300 years of trying 

Thanks, I'll add it to the list. Looking for somewhere we can do some spinning and throw some plastic about too.

hello, ok if that were me i would go further west and fish off chesil beach, very deep off there, get bait from bridport

Be careful along most of chesil, most places along there don't allow vans overnight and will fine you. Should be fine in a truck or tent tho. 

Fished Kimmeridge a few years ago, blanked on the bottom and lost a bit of gear as I wasn't set up right but looked outstanding for lures. Also spearfished Lulworth and seen some of the biggest wrasse I've seen. 5lb+. 

On portland, if you park near rufus Castle and walk down to church ope cove, lots of decent fishing down there as its a bit of a trek. Nice rocky mark. Could also hire a beach cabin as a few down there to hire, ideal for beers and fishing. On a side note, it's lovely as everytime I go down there, lovely ladies just seen to whip their tops off. Don't know where to look 👍

3 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

Be careful along most of chesil, most places along there don't allow vans overnight and will fine you. Should be fine in a truck or tent tho. 

Fished Kimmeridge a few years ago, blanked on the bottom and lost a bit of gear as I wasn't set up right but looked outstanding for lures. Also spearfished Lulworth and seen some of the biggest wrasse I've seen. 5lb+. 

On portland, if you park near rufus Castle and walk down to church ope cove, lots of decent fishing down there as its a bit of a trek. Nice rocky mark. Could also hire a beach cabin as a few down there to hire, ideal for beers and fishing. On a side note, it's lovely as everytime I go down there, lovely ladies just seen to whip their tops off. Don't know where to look 👍

hello, good advice on the parking but my fishing in Dorset was most in the 1980s 1990s, i did have a weekend on Portland fishing off the beach down from the Pub, nice tackle shop on Portland road

If you fish the area around Chisel beach you can get all your baits from the Angling Centre in West Bay, also try fishing West Bexington beach, there’s a car park on the beach, also look at Eype beach there’s a camping site and parking, you will find plenty of marks along that coastline, just Google Dorset fishing marks.

29 minutes ago, old'un said:

If you fish the area around Chisel beach you can get all your baits from the Angling Centre in West Bay, also try fishing West Bexington beach, there’s a car park on the beach, also look at Eype beach there’s a camping site and parking, you will find plenty of marks along that coastline, just Google Dorset fishing marks.

Eype is a pain to get to but what a great shout. As said camping right on the cliff and a pub up the road. I go to eype just to swim and take the boy out. West Bay only a few minutes walk away on the beach too. Generally quiet compared to the rest of chesil but easily just as nice. 

53 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, good advice on the parking but my fishing in Dorset was most in the 1980s 1990s, i did have a weekend on Portland fishing off the beach down from the Pub, nice tackle shop on Portland road

Portlands a bit of a weird one for me. Every time I go with the misses it rains, everytime I go with my mate it's roasting. Which is nice as we can both look about then without the other half wanting to murder us 😂

43 minutes ago, old'un said:

hello, that is where i got my bait in west bay, king rag, when i told them i had caught an 8 llb er he said it was a tiddler ha ha