Lads and lasses still working

washerboy

10 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

Can tell you work for the council 👍😂

Im the only one in ripping out the plylining on the dog **** bin van. If I don't contract something after this, I'm superman 🤔

15873742908742961626369918257798.jpg

You've hit the jackpot there 😅.

Each time lin and the kids leave the house , I remind them to look with their eyes and not their hands , and treat the whole world as if it's covered in dog xxxx😆

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

You've hit the jackpot there 😅.

Each time lin and the kids leave the house , I remind them to look with their eyes and not their hands , and treat the whole world as if it's covered in dog xxxx😆

hello, and still people bag it and throw it in the hedge and fields, bins are very few up on the Ridgeway track along the White Horse way and you can see where people have thrown them, farmers must be pretty fed up with this to

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

I’m not resentful at all, and can’t understand why some claim others are getting a paid holiday; it’s not as if they can go anywhere. 
Many folk would rather work but didn’t have a choice on the governments insistence, my OH being a prime example. She was told by her bosses that they would top up the extra 20% when they received the amount stated that they would get ( can’t recall the amount now ) but it’s debatable that’s going to happen now, so therefore it’s 80%, and 80% of not a lot to begin with doesn’t amount to much, and further, the amount is ‘UP TO’ a maximum of 2,500; I seriously doubt there are many receiving that amount on a nationwide basis. 
Anyhow, pop master has finished so that’s me back to work. 🙂

I am still working, Mrs 7 days is working from home for the next 2 months as a key worker, our daughter is also working as a key worker in the care sector and my son working for himself from home. We are all busier than ever however fortunate in many ways. At present we are all keeping well.

atb

7diaw

IMG-20200412-WA0000_opt.jpg

Still working but then I work in IT and design and implement systems (some are health care\care home related), with the extra home workers a lot if the systems that were in place needed upgrading/expanding to support the extra demand.

In my spare\quiet time I've been out in a GP surgery with IT & Admin things as they've had the same isolation\home working issues that I see in my day job.

I had & have holidays booked and in the same boat, can't cancel them.

Edited by Deker

1 hour ago, Benthejockey said:

Mrs BTJ does a half day on a Tuesday and when this is all over she will continue to work from home. She needs access to files and paperwork in the office so couldn't work from home permanently but by working at home on a Tuesday morning she'd actually be more productive. She's getting more work done at home than she does in the office, no gossiping, no making cups of tea for the office and not wandering off round the building for a wee! 

I found the same when I started working from home, far less disruptions, I now find people read the project documents that I had to wrote for each customer rather than find me in the building and ask me to explain things to them because "it was easier than reading", however I probably go through more coffee lol

45 minutes ago, washerboy said:

It's not great if half your work force is getting only £60 less then you a week yet they stay home. 

That's what I'm trying to explain to my lads. They need to be working but it's not easy when it's true that their colleagues are safer at home for 60 quid less a week 

Can't it be done on a rota? I realise not everyone can do the same jobs.

2 hours ago, Vince Green said:

Lots of shops and businesses are opening up again. finding ways round the restraints of social distancing. In Cornwall many businesses are saying they will not survive a whole summer without tourists 

hello, hello, i can see a click and collect pasty might be nice, but yes your right Vince, Cornwall will not survive without tourists despite all those who  rent out property, Padstein must be feeling the effects of the lockdown

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

3 hours ago, Deker said:

I found the same when I started working from home, far less disruptions, I now find people read the project documents that I had to wrote for each customer rather than find me in the building and ask me to explain things to them because "it was easier than reading", however I probably go through more coffee lol

I have worked from home on and off and, apart from the lack of commuting, I hate it. I prefer the corporate environment, although it is more sterile nowadays, the chats around the coffee machine, the banter, the practical jokes. It’s doesn't have the effect when it’s just the wife. 

still working !  i am a controller for a courier company  a lot of our staff are working from home and about 30 have been furloughed i dont know how many of the furloughed will still be working here when this is all over it all depends how the work goes i am doing more hours to cover but i am still here getting paid so that is good for me  

6 hours ago, southeastpete said:

I think they should have done a lot less. People don’t have to pay loans or mortgages during this. All they have to pay are essential bills and food shopping. No one needs £2500 for that a month. It shouldn’t be 80% it should be a certain amount that some clever accountant works out should cover the average household bills and food shop and that’s it no more no less for everyone.

It’s taxable, so assuming no pension or student loan deductions it works out about £2000 a month. If subject to both, which for many it will be, it comes down to about £1650 depending on pension contribution and type of student loan.

£2500 a month gross works out more or less bang on uk median full time wage, so essentially the deal is half the full time workers get 80% from the system, the other half get less.

5 hours ago, Demonic69 said:

We get a lot saying the same pal. Hopefully firms will see the benefits long-term and put provisions in place for some flexible working.

Do you not worry that every employer who has just discovered someone’s role can be done remotely has also just discovered the role could be outsourced to somewhere cheaper?

Edited by Wb123

I’m a Care home manager and still working. Very difficult at times but touch wood no covid illness/ deaths yet. My staff have been real quality covering for colleges sickness, sleeping over and sharing job roles to get through this nightmare. 

56 minutes ago, Wb123 said:

Do you not worry that every employer who has just discovered someone’s role can be done remotely has also just discovered the role could be outsourced to somewhere cheaper?

I think some companies might see it that way, but if they'd not got that far in their thought process on their own I can't imagine this giving them much of a push.

I work for an out-sourcing provider, so that's a fair portion of our work. Most clients see the difference between cheaper and better, though some still think that paying peanuts gets you more than monkeys. A lot of out clients could easily off-shore many of their roles, but it's only really cost effective if you have many staff doing similar roles and you have the management structure in place to deal with high turnover, culture and language differences etc. Many clients try it, realise the savings aren't worth it, then bring it back to the UK.

8 hours ago, Benthejockey said:

I got laid off the moment they announced the shut down of racing. Actually not directly laid off but put in an untenable situation in that they could only guarantee 2 lots a day. Being that it was a 52 mile round trip I politely told them to go forth and multiply after working for them for a long time, out lasting 18 members of staff and being the number 2 running the place for a year. It was the same week they closed the schools and they shut the nursery.

Fortunately I had started doing some milking 2 afternoons a week when the wife was at home and that's 5 minutes up the road.

So at the minute I've got the 13yr old pinned to a desk doing pythagarus theory or something similar, Mrs BTJ in the dining room at her office and me and the 17 month old have been round the sheep, sorted the horses, walked the grounds and now we're having a brief coffee before she decides it's time for more jobs (definitely her mothers daughter!) 

As a household were probably better off because we haven't got nursery fees to pay which is about £100 and I'm saving £80/week in fuel but as an individual I'm well out of pocket. The only good thing is I lambed early and the grass is coming so I've managed to cut back on my Wynnstay bill and the lamb I sold before this kicked off is covering the cost of feed, pharmaceuticals and shearing.

Hopefully they get the self employed payment system up and running soon or I'll have to start selling my body and last time I did that I only made 55p. Who gave me the 5p? They all did 😉 

I feel your pain, I work in racing on the training grounds side of it. All the racecourse staff have been laid off except a skeleton grounds staff, all our office and gardens staff have been furloughed. At the moment we are still working as normal on the heath, but for how long no one knows and horse numbers will take a serious hit, affecting us for years to come.

Edited by kennett

I'm a delivery driver for a white goods company. Still working doing 18 to 21 home deliveries a day. But we are not connecting or doing dis-con's. Had 21 drops today & was back at the depot within 7 hours on a Kent route with a 30min break. Not good to not have any O/T but at least i'm still working.

I work in security at a uni and i'm working they reckon there's 800 students still there and the chaplaincy is struggling to feed them , i will admit im scared for what i could bring back to my family ,but we had private security in to boost the numbers with some of our guys self isolation and they said if they dont work they dont get paid 

I work for the largest engineering services company in the world, globally we have taken a massive hit from current client projects being put on hold and new ones delayed.

I'm fortunate in so much that I work in a separate product unit which is internally funded so we continue unaffected. Most of the team are based in France and working from home currently which is the way I've been working more or less for 2 years now, save the time I spend with the team in France.

Somewhat perversely, I have personally been fortunate in so much that I was standing in as the interim head of product whilst we sourced a candidate externally, due to COVID we have now abandoned that path and I have been appointed in the role permanently. The added bonus is that my salary is derived from France but my tax is paid into the UK treasury.

For now we focus on completing the first launch of the product to get it out in the market and to do our bit to assist with the recovery.