Ultra not so sweet.

manthing

1 hour ago, manthing said:

The lube used for the o rings on the fill probe is silicone bases according to the label that was on the pack. Go figure. 

So, how do I get at it and a good place to get a set from please. 

XTX Air on YouTube does guides for all things airgun,,,, mainly BSA's. Take a look on there,,,, very good help and advice on just this problem 👍

Just search xtx air bsa ultra pellet probe,,,, numerous options appear, the one you need is near the top.

I must add, he makes it look extremely fiddly, and it is. There are many other ways to change the o ring, I think most people make up their own method. I use a bent-up hair pin which works quite well 😊

Edited by JKD
Extra information

As above .silicone is bad for metal to metal contact .it does the opposite of what you want .

So whats probbly happened is the bolt coating (chrome ) will be flaking off inside the breach .causing extra wear .

Best get it stripped down soon as poss.and resist the temptation just now of cycling that bolt unless you have too .

As it can be ok 1 second and on the next try .totally jammed up  

I always lube with abbey sm 50 for orings and every where on a pcp  with no issues so far .

Thanks for the info.

Did have a look at xtx but didn't see much for ultra. Need to look again. 

So anywhere open to order a seal set from chaps?

And if the probe is flaking does it need replacing, a rechrome or can it be stripped, polished and kept lubed? 

Do I need to empty the cylinder?

6 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

Silicone Oil is not a lubricant recommended for metal to metal in Airgun applications - try taking your bolt out and clean it thoroughly - then either a tiny bit of mineral Oil, a fine smear of lithium grease or rub a soft pencil over the bearing surfaces.

I wreaked a Diana 48 years ago 

asked shop a got it from for some oil to put in cylinder ,Brand new gun locked up within a few days ,lucky for me I got a replacement  

25 minutes ago, manthing said:

Thanks for the info.

And if the probe is flaking does it need replacing, a rechrome or can it be stripped, polished and kept lubed? 

Do I need to empty the cylinder?

The ultra .scorpion and r10 all work the same in the bolt area ..

I think xtx used to make a stainless steel version of the probe  which solbed the issue  

It may be possible to scrape it off and it still work ?? 

No you dont need to empty the cylinder .but i would as you dont want to accidentaly loosen a bolt you shouldnt on a fully pressured  tube .

Thanks for the info.

Just key in Google,,,, xtx air bsa ultra pellet probe,,,, 2nd clip 👍

Google search - www.xtxair.com/bsa-pellet-probe-o-rings-x2

Other places may be available, but these will get you out of jail if needed 😉

Cheers peeps.

Looks like I might just park it for a few weeks if I can't get the bits, but then when I get back to working I'll probably not have the time to sort it... All or nowt sometimes.. 

Good idea fella. Perhaps take the spare time to internet search for any items you might need 😉 As for the seals, I'd buy a set - and extras - because more than likely you'll be needing those.

Good luck and stay safe 👍

15 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

It can be the probe banjo  band coming loose  this starts to make the gun feel rough. Then it slips completely and jams the bolt .

This is what happened to mine, felt a bit rough, then locked up completely,  so best not to keep working the bolt if your not going to strip it.

I couldn't then get the bolt open and ended up sending it for a service.