Unusual nest to find

twenty

It is scary seeing mandarin ducklings and shelduck ducklings emerge from heights. 

My dad found a dozen shelducks in a four storey Grade II Listed derelict Georgian mansion he bought. The nest was in the box gutter at the top of the house.  They had fallen through various holes in the floors and mostly collected in the basement. He scooped them into a mixing bowl and called the RSPCA. They turned up at 5.30pm and the inspector said he’d have to gas them. It was the end of his shift and he couldn’t get them to a welfare centre in time before his driving hours ran out. My dad asked for them back and the guy refused, saying it was a welfare issue if he handed them back. My dad offered to drive them to the centre and it was refused. Unbelievable. They don’t put that on the adverts. 

29 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

It is scary seeing mandarin ducklings and shelduck ducklings emerge from heights. 

My dad found a dozen shelducks in a four storey Grade II Listed derelict Georgian mansion he bought. The nest was in the box gutter at the top of the house.  They had fallen through various holes in the floors and mostly collected in the basement. He scooped them into a mixing bowl and called the RSPCA. They turned up at 5.30pm and the inspector said he’d have to gas them. It was the end of his shift and he couldn’t get them to a welfare centre in time before his driving hours ran out. My dad asked for them back and the guy refused, saying it was a welfare issue if he handed them back. My dad offered to drive them to the centre and it was refused. Unbelievable. They don’t put that on the adverts. 

That's criminal..........I've no time for them.

My mates mrs used to work for the dogs trust a few years back ...

One of the reasons she left among others was the fact that they advertise that they never put a healthy dog down 

Correct they don't ......... they pass them over the the good old RSPCA to do it for them 😈😈

11 minutes ago, hodge911 said:

My mates mrs used to work for the dogs trust a few years back ...

One of the reasons she left among others was the fact that they advertise that they never put a healthy dog down 

Correct they don't ......... they pass them over the the good old RSPCA to do it for them 😈😈

thanks for the heads up last donation they get from me getting the rspca to do their dirty work 

11 hours ago, clangerman said:

thanks for the heads up last donation they get from me getting the rspca to do their dirty work 

Yeah I stopped mine to them when she told me ....

She also said that the springer I sponsored with monthly direct debit that I signed up to at a country show had been dead for a while but they kept the picture of the animal with its "details" in the folder that they show you to pick out a dog to sponsor