First time when you used a magnet

landofficer

I remember the day like it was yesterday, my best hide/pigeon pal rang me all excited at the prospect of the latest gadget which he’d managed to secure and wanted to try out posthaste. Back in the day I didn’t need much encouragement and we soon plonked down in a shared hide and said pal stuck the device directly ahead some 40+ yards in front of us with decoys either side, the worst possible spot in other words. 

All day the whirly gig as we called it would peel pigeon off from a mile away heading for our position but most would sheer off when barely in range, we shot 70 odd but had he listened to me and let me put it a bit closer up wind I reckon we’d have killed close to 200.

Over the years the whirly has proved its worth and baffled at not working in equal measure. 

Have to agree with Hamster and a few others about the pros and cons of the magnet / whirly 

i remamber when I first used one had shot at a group of pigeons and some even turned and came back in, unbelievable but I never put it out more than 25 yds now and often closer, putting the statics 30/45 yds seems to work well but not always, 

just keep changing things as you can have too many decoys out sometimes I believe