US Oil Prices Drop to Minus $37 per Barrel

Danger-Mouse

10 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, will we see a big drop in petrol prices?

I’d guess not, as the main cost of fuel prices in this country is tax I’d be surprised if they went much lower than they are.
on the bright side heating oil prices are also well down 👍

Am I right in thinking/remembering correctly that our North Sea oil is of a high quality such that it is not used for fuel but for lubrication, etc, type purposes? Mind you, I wouldn't be surprised if that was a story put out by the government in order to stop us expecting a reduction in fuel prices once the local fields were discovered. I was Elgin way when this all kicked off and seem to remember that this was said about the quality.

50 minutes ago, Smokersmith said:

Our supply comes from a different region, with more storage reserves etc.

Did manage to get 1000 litres of heating oil for the price of 1000 clay carts yesterday though !!

hello, ok did not know that but anyway i bet you were pleased with that deal on heating oil

1 hour ago, Smokersmith said:

Our supply comes from a different region, with more storage reserves etc.

Did manage to get 1000 litres of heating oil for the price of 1000 clay carts yesterday though !!

Heating oil price recently was amazing. 

We got 500L at £180 a while back and thought that was amazing. It's normally what around £250?

Then checked a couple of weeks back and it went down to £150, so we bought another 500.

Awesome. 

3 minutes ago, blackbird said:

You will see a drop in your pension it’s important to look at the long term impact some economic expert was on about it yesterday on the radio 

hello, all ready seeing that with interest rates

3 minutes ago, Muddy Funker said:

Heating oil price recently was amazing. 

We got 500L at £180 a while back and thought that was amazing. It's normally what around £250?

Then checked a couple of weeks back and it went down to £150, so we bought another 500.

Awesome. 

hello, oh i would get another tank with those prices,

I’m already seeing $75,000 pickups truck, bass boats, and campers setting on the trade lots.  Heck, I bought 8 guns from pawn shops in the last 3 weeks. 4 guns yesterday.   I hate to see people suffer but I see it to often. Guys go to the oil fields and make $50-$75 per hour starting out. But they don’t save any.  They buy a new truck, boat, camper, guns, ATV, get a over weight waitress pregnant.  Then bam!  No work.  Then I come along and pay 50 cent on the dollar for all cool stuff.  

32EAC6CB-8CE2-4577-8674-2558B62FBBD3.jpeg

5 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

I’m already seeing $75,000 pickups truck, bass boats, and campers setting on the trade lots.  Heck, I bought 8 guns from pawn shops in the last 3 weeks. 4 guns yesterday.   I hate to see people suffer but I see it to often. Guys go to the oil fields and make $50-$75 per hour starting out. But they don’t save any.  They buy a new truck, boat, camper, guns, ATV, get a over weight waitress pregnant.  Then bam!  No work.  Then I come along and pay 50 cent on the dollar for all cool stuff.  

32EAC6CB-8CE2-4577-8674-2558B62FBBD3.jpeg

Yeah we call it feast and famine, gotta have a bit put aside for the famine side of it