If only you were closer

m greeny

22 hours ago, Farmboy91 said:

I wouldn't meet anyone at my home, I'm too security conscious. Public spaces aren't bad but I've been messed around far to many times to travel, my local RFD is only 10 minutes down the road and I always see it as neutral ground, if someone doesn't want to meet there, I won't deal with them + it means they get to actually fire the gun. Never had a problem since I started doing it that way. Helps seal the deal when the prospective buyer can let a few shots off first.

I don't think anything of a trip up to Kettering to see Mr bosher and he's emporium though  👍

They will still know your address etc when looking at your SGC/FAC plus all the details on it if you make a sale??? 

I get not letting people see your security though! 

1 hour ago, D_shooter said:

They will still know your address etc when looking at your SGC/FAC plus all the details on it if you make a sale??? 

I get not letting people see your security though! 

I haven't got an issue with a genuine licence holder seeing it, I just don't believe it's sensible advertising you have firearms on your property. You never know who might turn up. I always stuck the local town for the location and the RFD if they actually wanted to look. 

1 hour ago, Farmboy91 said:

I haven't got an issue with a genuine licence holder seeing it, I just don't believe it's sensible advertising you have firearms on your property. You never know who might turn up. I always stuck the local town for the location and the RFD if they actually wanted to look. 

Sure, I understand that.

fortunately I have only dealt with genuine people so far, long may it continue.

18 minutes ago, D_shooter said:

Sure, I understand that.

fortunately I have only dealt with genuine people so far, long may it continue.

All the ones I've met have been genuine, everyone who's come to look at one I've had for sale has brought it. 

As mentioned above, there's the one who wants a million pictures but never replies, or the one who wants it, but seems to think I should take a hit on it because they are going to have to have it sent via RFD.

We should coin a phrase for the gun buying equivalent of a tyre kicker.

2 hours ago, Farmboy91 said:

We should coin a phrase for the gun buying equivalent of a tyre kicker.

Stock knocker?

Just as annoying is collection only, but they don't say where, and haven't got it on their profile,  prompting "where are you"

On 22/04/2020 at 00:26, fern01 said:

Then there is the photo collectors who want lots of good photos of the item for sale but never ever buy anything

Not to mention the "can't do pictures" brigade.

Seemingly incapable of using google, and aren't bright enough to figure out that all the time wasted spent sending "stock knockers" pictures who never reply, would easily be recouped if they just spent the time, once, learning to post pictures

25 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Not to mention the "can't do pictures" brigade.

Seemingly incapable of using google, and aren't bright enough to figure out that all the time wasted spent sending "stock knockers" pictures who never reply, would easily be recouped if they just spent the time, once, learning to post pictures

I would happily show them how to post pictures, 'if only I was closer'