Berett A400 Xtreme PLUS - VS - Browning Maxus

Lloyd90

1 hour ago, kenholland said:

got the maxus wicked wings version, doe's what hit says on the tin , but cannot fault any of the beretta  range have the al391 urika , never let me down , so there you go , good luck.

What's the difference between the Wick Wings and the normal one mate? 

The price difference between the two is quite significant, with the Beretta being almost £800 more expensive. 

1 hour ago, Lloyd90 said:

What's the difference between the Wick Wings and the normal one mate? 

The price difference between the two is quite significant, with the Beretta being almost £800 more expensive. 

they were £1300 up at premier guns doveridge  not many inported , you can look them up on you tube.

4 minutes ago, kenholland said:

they were £1300 up at premier guns doveridge  not many inported , you can look them up on you tube.

Differences I can find:

Aside from its phenomenal detailing, the Wicked Wing Maxus comes with a number of hunter-friendly features: a Cerakote finish, oversized bolt release button, Speed Loading system and an enlarged trigger guard for gloved fingers. 

2 minutes ago, billytheghillie said:

Ha Ha, come up here and try mine!

Does the Franchi use (Beretta) Mobil chokes? That would be a bonus as I have a load of Teague after market extended ones. 

36 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

I'll take a look at them thank you :) 

Yeah it uses mobil chokes.

I'm recoil sensitive due to a shoulder injury and honestly I stuck a 40g victory mini magnum through it and it was fine. 1oz loads there's literally no recoil. At just over £600 it's a great bit of kit.

Put it this way, my missus has decided she's going to sell her 687 and order an affinity compact when the lockdown is over.

Edit, the only problem I have is that although it's a light gun my whole right arm/shoulder tires extremely quickly, half a dozen maybe 8 and I'm done. 

Looking forward to the day I can take it for 100 sporting.

Edited by Farmboy91

The A400 plus is a way better gun, recoil reducer built in and there are two, oversized bolt handle and a raised rib. The berretta's even the black ones don't rust even on the salt marsh. good luck with your choice. I would handle both as the Maxus probably handles better than the A400.

Edited by muncher

5 hours ago, muncher said:

The A400 plus is a way better gun, recoil reducer built in and there are two, oversized bolt handle and a raised rib. The berretta's even the black ones don't rust even on the salt marsh. good luck with your choice. I would handle both as the Maxus probably handles better than the A400.

I've handled the Maxus it's nice and light (surprisingly so) ... I have seen the A400 but not the new Xtreme Plus with the raised rib. 

Did you mean its better than the Maxus or the Franchi? 

Edited by Lloyd90

1 hour ago, Lloyd90 said:

I've handled the Maxus it's nice and light (surprisingly so) ... I have seen the A400 but not the new Xtreme Plus with the raised rib. 

Did you mean its better than the Maxus or the Franchi? 

For quality it's definitely better than both I my opinion, they are engineered for fowling in harsh conditions, everything is coated to prevent corrosion. The barrel has supposedly been developed for steel shot to enhance patterns,but they all say that.