Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
fatchap

Microwave burger.

Recommended Posts

I've just had a Rustlers quarter pounder burger, Microwave jobby and I cannot put into words just how putrid it was. One and half minutes on full power and it was like handling a hot coal, Leave it for one minute then put the "burger sauce" and enjoy. 

Where to start? the bun in that 1 minute goes from hot soft and doughy to stale and crumbly. The burger which I very much doubt contains any part of a cow you would want to eat if you knew what it was. Then theres the sauce which tasted like off milk. I had one bite spat it out and offered the rest of it to the woofer, he had a cautionary sniff thought **** that and walked off.

Looks very nice on the packaging even has tomato in the picture, needless to say there was no tomato actually in it. 

I will go as far to say, given the choice of a Rustlers burger or a pot noodle or a toothpaste sandwich, I'll take the sarnie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure you're supposed to microwave the bun for that long.

Certainly not gourmet food but in a push I'd have one. Your dog is far too choosy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Mr_Nobody said:

Not sure you're supposed to microwave the bun for that long.

Certainly not gourmet food but in a push I'd have one. Your dog is far too choosy. 

It says remove from packaging place whole thing in microwave and nuke for one and a half minutes. 

Its the French Bulldog part of my dog he has an educated palette, if he had been all staffie he would have had my hand off for a burger no matter what it tasted like.

Edited by fatchap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fatchap said:

It says remove from packaging place whole thing in microwave and nuke for one and a half minutes. 

Its French Bulldog part of my dog he has an educated palette, if he had been all staffie he would have had my hand off for a burger no matter what it tasted like.

Fair enough. I think when I've done them I just nuked the burger then maybe give the bun 10 or 20 seconds afterwards. It's rare that bread products survive long contact with the microwave.

Ah French, well, says it all really. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will admit to being slightly partial to a rustler, they are scheise but a guilty pleasure. Definitely did something wrong if the bun went hard and crumbly, it should come out too hot to hold without welding gauntlets, with the consistency of soggy, chewy lava. The sausage and cheese muffin is good 👌

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Really .. a microwave burger 'not nice' …. !

In that case, to avoid further disappointment, I'd steer clear of crab sticks and the re-constituted rib things ......

Edited by Smokersmith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fatchap said:

I've just had a Rustlers quarter pounder burger, Microwave jobby and I cannot put into words just how putrid it was. One and half minutes on full power and it was like handling a hot coal, Leave it for one minute then put the "burger sauce" and enjoy. 

Where to start? the bun in that 1 minute goes from hot soft and doughy to stale and crumbly. The burger which I very much doubt contains any part of a cow you would want to eat if you knew what it was. Then theres the sauce which tasted like off milk. I had one bite spat it out and offered the rest of it to the woofer, he had a cautionary sniff thought **** that and walked off.

Looks very nice on the packaging even has tomato in the picture, needless to say there was no tomato actually in it. 

I will go as far to say, given the choice of a Rustlers burger or a pot noodle or a toothpaste sandwich, I'll take the sarnie.

What were you expecting for a couple of quid, cordon bleu?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, billytheghillie said:

Anything done in a micro tastes like Satans  jockstrap!

And just how do you know that?:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think maybe you got it the wrong way round. After nuking, you're supposed to bin the burger and eat the packaging!!.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you toast the bun the whole affair gets a bit better - microwave the burger minus 10 seconds then put the sauce on it and blast for another 10 before shoving it in the bun, add salad and it's just about edible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

What were you expecting for a couple of quid, cordon bleu?

Who's he?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

A famous French Chef who doesn't do microwaveable burgers!

Actually cordon bleu translates as blue ribbon and is actually Swiss in origin. Corden Bleu is  a dish of meat wrapped around cheese and shallow fried, Think I prefer the burger😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, fatchap said:

Actually cordon bleu translates as blue ribbon and is actually Swiss in origin. Corden Bleu is  a dish of meat wrapped around cheese and shallow fried, Think I prefer the burger😁

Oh I know very well the origins of Cordon Bleu, I still can't work out what you expected from a £2 micro-waveable burger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Oh I know very well the origins of Cordon Bleu, I still can't work out what you expected from a £2 micro-waveable burger.

I was being a bit optimistic, thought it was going to be at the very least edible. As I said the picture on the packaging paints a very different picture to what you actually get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But that is true of life in general, the picture gets you to buy it, it is only a clue to what you will get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

But that is true of life in general, the picture gets you to buy it, it is only a clue to what you will get.

Reminds me of Silverline Tools. And lots of stuff I've fell for on the shopping channels, Like those 100 drill bits that will drill through glass, Cut a long story short...they don't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, billytheghillie said:

Anything done in a micro tastes like Satans  jockstrap!

The best quote or the year so far 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fatchap said:

Reminds me of Silverline Tools. And lots of stuff I've fell for on the shopping channels, Like those 100 drill bits that will drill through glass, Cut a long story short...they don't.

So you are a serial sucker then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...