Microwave burger.

fatchap

I've just had a Rustlers quarter pounder burger, Microwave jobby and I cannot put into words just how putrid it was. One and half minutes on full power and it was like handling a hot coal, Leave it for one minute then put the "burger sauce" and enjoy. 

Where to start? the bun in that 1 minute goes from hot soft and doughy to stale and crumbly. The burger which I very much doubt contains any part of a cow you would want to eat if you knew what it was. Then theres the sauce which tasted like off milk. I had one bite spat it out and offered the rest of it to the woofer, he had a cautionary sniff thought **** that and walked off.

Looks very nice on the packaging even has tomato in the picture, needless to say there was no tomato actually in it. 

I will go as far to say, given the choice of a Rustlers burger or a pot noodle or a toothpaste sandwich, I'll take the sarnie.

10 minutes ago, Mr_Nobody said:

Not sure you're supposed to microwave the bun for that long.

Certainly not gourmet food but in a push I'd have one. Your dog is far too choosy. 

It says remove from packaging place whole thing in microwave and nuke for one and a half minutes. 

Its the French Bulldog part of my dog he has an educated palette, if he had been all staffie he would have had my hand off for a burger no matter what it tasted like.

Edited by fatchap

Just now, fatchap said:

It says remove from packaging place whole thing in microwave and nuke for one and a half minutes. 

Its French Bulldog part of my dog he has an educated palette, if he had been all staffie he would have had my hand off for a burger no matter what it tasted like.

Fair enough. I think when I've done them I just nuked the burger then maybe give the bun 10 or 20 seconds afterwards. It's rare that bread products survive long contact with the microwave.

Ah French, well, says it all really. :lol:

I will admit to being slightly partial to a rustler, they are scheise but a guilty pleasure. Definitely did something wrong if the bun went hard and crumbly, it should come out too hot to hold without welding gauntlets, with the consistency of soggy, chewy lava. The sausage and cheese muffin is good 👌

1 hour ago, fatchap said:

I've just had a Rustlers quarter pounder burger, Microwave jobby and I cannot put into words just how putrid it was. One and half minutes on full power and it was like handling a hot coal, Leave it for one minute then put the "burger sauce" and enjoy. 

Where to start? the bun in that 1 minute goes from hot soft and doughy to stale and crumbly. The burger which I very much doubt contains any part of a cow you would want to eat if you knew what it was. Then theres the sauce which tasted like off milk. I had one bite spat it out and offered the rest of it to the woofer, he had a cautionary sniff thought **** that and walked off.

Looks very nice on the packaging even has tomato in the picture, needless to say there was no tomato actually in it. 

I will go as far to say, given the choice of a Rustlers burger or a pot noodle or a toothpaste sandwich, I'll take the sarnie.

What were you expecting for a couple of quid, cordon bleu?

3 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

A famous French Chef who doesn't do microwaveable burgers!

Actually cordon bleu translates as blue ribbon and is actually Swiss in origin. Corden Bleu is  a dish of meat wrapped around cheese and shallow fried, Think I prefer the burger😁

3 minutes ago, fatchap said:

Actually cordon bleu translates as blue ribbon and is actually Swiss in origin. Corden Bleu is  a dish of meat wrapped around cheese and shallow fried, Think I prefer the burger😁

Oh I know very well the origins of Cordon Bleu, I still can't work out what you expected from a £2 micro-waveable burger.

1 minute ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Oh I know very well the origins of Cordon Bleu, I still can't work out what you expected from a £2 micro-waveable burger.

I was being a bit optimistic, thought it was going to be at the very least edible. As I said the picture on the packaging paints a very different picture to what you actually get.

1 minute ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

But that is true of life in general, the picture gets you to buy it, it is only a clue to what you will get.

Reminds me of Silverline Tools. And lots of stuff I've fell for on the shopping channels, Like those 100 drill bits that will drill through glass, Cut a long story short...they don't.