Good turn around at Essex

32 minutes ago, landy george said:

I put in for a renewal for both shotgun & FAC on the 7th.

Got a phone call in the morning on the 16th then a call in the afternoon.

Turns up in the post yesterday (22nd)

You can't ask for better than that...........................just need a shop to open now for my new toy 😁

I’m of the opinion that most forces could do it, if they chose/wanted to!

@landy georgeEssex have certainly raised their game, mine runs out on 9th May. FEO did the renewall interview over the phone including a discussion on a recently diagnosed mental health issue, confirmed the renewal at the end of the call  and it arrived in the post last week. Around 3 weeks from paperwork going in to ticket being recieved. Contrast that to my renewall 5 years ago which took around 8 months! if this is the new world of GP Pro-formas i'm all for it!

The biggest ball ache was by GP who refused to complete the pro-forma, I then had to submit a formal request for my medical records which took nearly a month for them to process. 10days for the BASC Doc to complete the paperwork then I was good to go. I kicked off the process in Janaury, I'm glad I did.

11 hours ago, shalfordninja33 said:

@landy georgeEssex have certainly raised their game, mine runs out on 9th May. FEO did the renewall interview over the phone including a discussion on a recently diagnosed mental health issue, confirmed the renewal at the end of the call  and it arrived in the post last week. Around 3 weeks from paperwork going in to ticket being recieved. Contrast that to my renewall 5 years ago which took around 8 months! if this is the new world of GP Pro-formas i'm all for it!

The biggest ball ache was by GP who refused to complete the pro-forma, I then had to submit a formal request for my medical records which took nearly a month for them to process. 10days for the BASC Doc to complete the paperwork then I was good to go. I kicked off the process in Janaury, I'm glad I did.

That's why I put mine in 20 weeks early.

I had no problems with the GP the hardest bit was doing the renewal on-line, 3 times it crashed before it worked in the end.

I have a mate who took 7 weeks to hear from the GP & then he won't do it so then had to go to BASC 

Hi guys,

I am on my first shotgun certificate so my renewal not yet due for a while. However just looking at my forces renewel form, it is a renewel and first application form. I did not think you had to go through the all the referee and doctors stuff again if nothing material had changed since initial application. Am I reading it wrong or what

Thanks 

25 minutes ago, TRINITY said:

Hi guys,

I am on my first shotgun certificate so my renewal not yet due for a while. However just looking at my forces renewel form, it is a renewel and first application form. I did not think you had to go through the all the referee and doctors stuff again if nothing material had changed since initial application. Am I reading it wrong or what

Thanks 

‘Fraid so. Through all the same old bumph every renewal.

Edited by London Best

To be fair, Essex are good at the moment as they haven’t much on. 
I did a change of address so phoned them and asked how long it would take and the nice lady said “well, someone comes in every day to check post... once we get it, we’ll get it printed out and post it back to you straight away”. 

On 23/04/2020 at 12:29, panoma1 said:

I’m of the opinion that most forces could do it, if they chose/wanted to!

As an ex FEO I  have been saying this for years. Renewals with no change of circumstances,  do NOT require yet another visit.  It would appear to be OK under the present circumstances.