shoot this year

My take on our farm shoot of 1000 birds down is unless we are in lock down we can shoot. If we are still in lockdown in October November we shall all have a lot more to worry about than losing our subs. Might be different on large commercial shoots where social distancing will be almost impossible.

On 24/04/2020 at 18:00, Walker570 said:

I am approaching eighty at high speed and if they expect me to incarcerate myself then they are very mistaken.  Ridiculous, pathetic suggestion by London City based politicians.

To quoate a WOKE expression....AGEISM !!!!!  There are many of us out here who are of age so to speak but still very active and appreciate out lucky we are.  My wife is older than me and walks 4 miles every day to the shop to collect the newspaper ..... don't see the fat, obese wobbly 30year olds seen struggling to fit between the shelves in Aldi doing that.

I could go on but this makes me VERY mad.

I already have days booked for this next season and backing the estates who are taking the bull by the horns and intending providing some sport for us.

SENSIBLE.....  a word many.... observe the actions on Westminster Bridge AGAIN...do not appear to understand.

I hope you have a great season and all your guns back you to the hilt.

And in the event of continuation of "mandatory" social distancing - do you expect the beaters to be loading themselves into a confined area as they are taken between drives?  

Just askin'....

The estates I have booked with have already plans to solve that problem.   My view, we have to remain positive. 

1 hour ago, harkom said:

And in the event of continuation of "mandatory" social distancing - do you expect the beaters to be loading themselves into a confined area as they are taken between drives?  

Just askin'....

A problem for all syndicates is will members return .. Will you be able to social distance with the guns..and the beaters..it has been suggested that "a pod" of 10 together might be allowed..but ...would the beatrs and guns be willing to be that close. With  relative strangers..we here are a closed family private shoot so could really deal with that ..not have any beaters..just have walk up days..syndicates can do that too members stay distance required and walk up birds ..our pheasant poults are ordered and are own laying pen laid eggs incubated so birds hopefully assured. We all will just have to hope the 5 govt tests can be met to relax  the lockdown in time for sept..or oct.

45 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

And how do you solve the nessecary travel part ? 
just asking 👍

Obviously assuming that the situation would have been relaxed by then.  The country cannot survive another 5 months without things getting moving again, we will be bankrupt.

The country has to live with this corvid thing for a long time yet so things have to get back to near normal, some businesses are thriving as never before, my local shop is extremely busy BUT when the money runs out................................

On 28/04/2020 at 19:57, harkom said:

Just askin'....

I think if mandatory social distancing is still in force in November, we'll have more to be concerned about than shooting. We're just going to cross that bridge if and when we have to.