These Really Are Crazy Times...

WelshAndy

28 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Only from some people. 

Seems to be the same people charging an extra £400 for a “Fox red” dog 👀🙄

Dont even get me started on that, I have some very strong opinions! I'd love another fox red lab, but I refuse to pay the prices, intact I'm not even going to buy another lab ! 

21 minutes ago, Big Mat said:

Dont even get me started on that, I have some very strong opinions! I'd love another fox red lab, but I refuse to pay the prices, intact I'm not even going to buy another lab ! 

Cockers have also gone silly money. 

Some chancers are trying for silly money with springers but some of the trial lads I know who are breeding to keep pups themselves are still asking normal money. 

12 hours ago, Big Rowie said:

Crazy prices for dogs. People put any price they want on them. Seen mix breeds double the price of pure. 

Yes but they;ll only get what people are willing to pay ... if people didn't pay silly money they wouldn't ask for silly prices.

Some Irish lads I know can't believe the money any breed sells for over here. 

25 minutes ago, Big Rowie said:

Everyone seems to want to rip people off 

But how are they ripping anybody off, they are setting a price and people are paying it. Same as house's, I often see almost identical house's for sale and maybe a £10,000 price difference but it doesn't mean they are ripping people off.

Didn't realise Lab pups are making that sort of money , each pup I had bought from my first one had gone up roughly £10 a year , my first one was £10 and 45 years later when I bought my one I have got now was £400 and that was five years ago .

Looking back the best Labrador I was lucky enough to own was a Black dog with a small white stripe down it's chest , our head keeper bred the litter and the only one people ignored was this one , I was looking for a new pup to go with my old one so I ended up buying this one for the grand sum of £75 , as far as gun dogs go this was the best £75 I have spent , in the right hands he would have made a good trialing dog as he had stacks of self ability and used his head and eyes to his advantage , as I wasn't that interested in field trials we can't say weather he would have made the grade but if I had to pick one dog out of all the ones that I have had , it would have to be Toby , 

2 hours ago, toontastic said:

But how are they ripping anybody off, they are setting a price and people are paying it. Same as house's, I often see almost identical house's for sale and maybe a £10,000 price difference but it doesn't mean they are ripping people off.

charging well over the usual price for something, to people that probably don't know the true price of it is ripping people off in my opinion.

But true if people are willing to pay the price then its obviously worth it to them and it will keep happening.

On 26/04/2020 at 10:04, marsh man said:

Didn't realise Lab pups are making that sort of money , each pup I had bought from my first one had gone up roughly £10 a year , my first one was £10 and 45 years later when I bought my one I have got now was £400 and that was five years ago .

Looking back the best Labrador I was lucky enough to own was a Black dog with a small white stripe down it's chest , our head keeper bred the litter and the only one people ignored was this one , I was looking for a new pup to go with my old one so I ended up buying this one for the grand sum of £75 , as far as gun dogs go this was the best £75 I have spent , in the right hands he would have made a good trialing dog as he had stacks of self ability and used his head and eyes to his advantage , as I wasn't that interested in field trials we can't say weather he would have made the grade but if I had to pick one dog out of all the ones that I have had , it would have to be Toby , 

My old girl Skye was first gundog I ever bought, She's 10 years old now so a fair while back, she was £400 and out of a field trial award winner bitch and a good sire, the breeder ran them uin trials and still does. 

I wish they're only gone up £10 a year they'd be on £500 now, reasonable money. 

Most of them are now £900+ and god forbid they're "Fox Red" Cough (YELLOW) Cough ... your likely looked at £1,200+!! 

1 hour ago, Lloyd90 said:

My old girl Skye was first gundog I ever bought, She's 10 years old now so a fair while back, she was £400 and out of a field trial award winner bitch and a good sire, the breeder ran them uin trials and still does. 

I wish they're only gone up £10 a year they'd be on £500 now, reasonable money. 

Most of them are now £900+ and god forbid they're "Fox Red" Cough (YELLOW) Cough ... your likely looked at £1,200+!! 

That to me is an incredible amount of money for a lab puppy , I am not saying they are not worth it as no doubt they are and if that is the going rate then that is what you have to pay if you want one .

I looked up labs puppy for sale around my area and yes you are right , the cheapest one I saw was around £600.

Would the time of year make any difference ? as there seem to be more pups available at this time of the year , maybe the bitch is mated towards the end of the last season so it can get back to top fitness when the new season start up again .

Maybe if , or when I get my next one I might have remortgage my house :lol:

On 26/04/2020 at 08:01, Big Rowie said:

That is true if people pay they will keep selling. 

Just seen people asking £1200 for a patterdale terrier another was asking  £850. Everyone seems to want to rip people off 

£200.  2 1/2 years ago for ours

craziest dog I’ve ever had but what a dog very protective hard to train but getting there 😂 

FTCH x FTW dog for sale online now - 3 years old, fully trained, bit too soft to trial don't take the pressure. Fully trained on fur and feather, hunts very well apparently. Trained by a trial lad, he said the dog would be ideal for someone as a rough shooting / beating dog, no harsh handling. £1550! 

What an absolute bargain ... amazed that you get so many jokers trying to charge silly money for pups and even sillier for trained dogs and the average shooting man can pick up stuff like that. If I'd have known when I first set out I'd have looked for something like that ... if you just want a dog for shooting and beating what more do you want. 

10 hours ago, ashcmt said:

Where’s that advertised Lloyd if you don’t mind me asking?

Pretty sure it’s Liam Mulcrow’s on FB, ‘Mulraven Gundogs’

Edited to say perhaps I was wrong as can’t find it again now!

Edited by bigbird

13 hours ago, Surfer said:

£200.  2 1/2 years ago for ours

craziest dog I’ve ever had but what a dog very protective hard to train but getting there 😂 

Yea mine was £280 last year 

True crazy and protective. Little stubborn on training but I can't complain Keen to work and also good with kids