B and Q

mellors

This is the thing mellor,,,, all the guidance/rulings/laws etc are confusing. I saw a clip on the news earlier showing hoards of people crowding round a recently reopened b&q, most with trolleys and not many taking part in any decent social distancing.

But I know one thing is certain,,,, the PW self appointed government 'shouters' won't be out there with them, telling THEM to go home, stay indoors etc, or even "OI,,,, KEEP YOUR DISTANCE !!!" 😡

Well, easy enough to quote the fact if you are stopped.  Good to see some common sense creeping in and 100% for B&Q for setting this up.  A;ldi have had a similar set up for weeks and even my own local village tool store have the same system and we patiently stand and wait outside as each individual is served and maintian at least three yeards clear of each other.

9 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Well, easy enough to quote the fact if you are stopped.  Good to see some common sense creeping in and 100% for B&Q for setting this up.  A;ldi have had a similar set up for weeks and even my own local village tool store have the same system and we patiently stand and wait outside as each individual is served and maintian at least three yeards clear of each other.

^^^^^ This. I went yesterday to collect my order excellent. 

26 minutes ago, JKD said:

This is the thing mellor,,,, all the guidance/rulings/laws etc are confusing. I saw a clip on the news earlier showing hoards of people crowding round a recently reopened b&q, most with trolleys and not many taking part in any decent social distancing.

But I know one thing is certain,,,, the PW self appointed government 'shouters' won't be out there with them, telling THEM to go home, stay indoors etc, or even "OI,,,, KEEP YOUR DISTANCE !!!" 😡

Sorry, to add,,,, I've got no problem with b&q being open or reopened, it's just the mobs outside, most too close to others 😷

Form a decently spread queue !!! 🙄😅

33 minutes ago, Scully said:

I’m pleased they stopped open throughout; I’d have really struggled to keep working if they hadn’t . 

Yep me too. Kingfisher‘s policy (B&Q and Screwfix) has been sensible, well organised, pragmatic and has allowed me to keep working.

The majority of people are being sensible and sticking to the rules, particularly out in the country.... don't know about cities as I never go there.

My wife went to a butchers this morning, only opens two days a week anyway as part of a farm.  Fifteen patiently already lined up waiting in the yard when she arrived all at sensible spacing and cutomers being dealt with one at a time.  She was back here 3 miles away in 40 mins with some proper meat and sausage.  Everywhere I have been shopping around here people are complying and exchanging 'good mornings' a lot more than normal.

Went to a local B&Q this morning to pick up plants etc for the clients I support.(social care) Long queue in the carpark, with staff making sure that everyone  obeyed social distancing. Other staff by the entrance, letting one or two in, when people were leaving the store. The same applied in Aldi's and the WHAT shop.

7 minutes ago, treetree said:

Toolstation have been brilliant throughout; able to buy anything online, emailed when ready, then pickup withou going anywhere near anyone, all done outside.

Screw fix also. I was on the way back from shops and realised I needed something. Wife ordered online via phone, got text message within 30 seconds saying order was ready for collection, rocked up, picked up outside and left. 

So what about all the other, smaller shops, why can't they open? With the same restrictions? Curerntly a lot of them are just dying; while the big ones are now open.

Now and what do you tell the cops if they stop you on your way to B&Q? Is that "essential"? And if not, why are they allowing these shops to open?

I think it's pretty ridiculous TBH.

21 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Everywhere I have been shopping around here people are complying and exchanging 'good mornings' a lot more than normal.

Its all rather nice isn't it,  if you haven't been affected by the virus then the enforced national holiday and good weather, with the slower pace everyone is taking makes a real pleasant change. 

2 hours ago, Mice! said:

Its all rather nice isn't it,  if you haven't been affected by the virus then the enforced national holiday and good weather, with the slower pace everyone is taking makes a real pleasant change. 

It is like a month of Sundays for us country folk but I really do feel for those stuck in flats in places like Chelmsley Wood, Birmingham. That is not funny at all but nothing I can do about it.

My comment was related to the fact that our experience here is that folks walking past our yard gate actually turn and pass the time of day but before would not even blink.  We have a continuous stream of folks taking their excercise either on foot or on bikes passing through the village and hopefully our cheery "Good Morning" makes them feel better.