B and Q

mellors

On 24/04/2020 at 17:55, Dave-G said:

Its become quite common for shooters to feel pressed down under their FLO's thumbs - particularly if they like WJ, Packham etc.

hello, i am sure many FLOs are shooting people, maybe it has been guidance from head office or the UK police authority, i know police officers shoot as i use to have a D I come shooting with me 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

I can well understand the exaspertion of that person! Seems totally stupid to allow non trade stores to open and then for the gov to complain that traffic numbers are increasing .Doesn`t take a lot to figure out you would have thought!!!!

I completely agree with that. I think the "lockdown" in *this configuration* is doing more harm than good. Either you do it, or you don't do it.

If B&Q can be 'open' with 'social distance' stuff on, every single shop can.

However we KNOW that that 2m rule isn't really /enough/ and masks are very likely a /very good idea/ and all that jazz, but seems nobody seems to mind. They half understand a litel set of rule and then think they are safe.

Also, I leave near slough and it's been looking like a bloody holiday camp for 2+ weeks, nobody seems to give a damn at all about it, and THAT is going to make the virus thrive and make it last even longer, and hurt way more shops (that aren't B&Q that is)

11 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, i am sure many FLOs are shooting people, maybe it has been guidance from head office or the UK police authority, i know police officers shoot as i use to have a D I come shooting with me 

You might be referring to 'Toony' - brilliant bloke. :good:

Being slightly dyslexic I now realise I omitted some of the facts - its like flipping heads or tails. 

The trainee was a retired officer who may have been very good at his previous job but not his post retirement vocation.  The experienced FEO was still a serving officer, since retired, a brilliant and fair man I'd like to have gone shooting with and wish he were still working.

The point I'm making is we could be affected by the preferences of an FEO, FLO - or police chief. We need a standard clearly defined nation wide set of rules to be followed instead of vague guidelines that mean diddly squat to those who want to decide what they are happy for us to do - or as to how much they can try to discourage or obstruct us. I've seen both sides of the coin. 

Edited by Dave-G

6 hours ago, Dave-G said:

Being slightly dyslexic I now realise I omitted some of the facts - its like flipping heads or tails. 

The trainee was a retired officer who may have been very good at his previous job but not his post retirement vocation.  The experienced FEO was still a serving officer, since retired, a brilliant and fair man I'd like to have gone shooting with and wish he were still working.

The point I'm making is we could be affected by the preferences of an FEO, FLO - or police chief. We need a standard clearly defined nation wide set of rules to be followed instead of vague guidelines that mean diddly squat to those who want to decide what they are happy for us to do - or as to how much they can try to discourage or obstruct us. I've seen both sides of the coin. 

100% on all points.   OK a lot more licenses to deal with today I know but back in my time it was the job of the local officer to complete applications and renewals on their areas. They worked the patch, knew the applicant and his/her background BUT of course those local officers no longer exist so like many departments licensing is now down to civilians and you get the good the bad and ugly .....:lol: Sometimes all in one with Mr Toon. :lol:  Don't tell him please he'll be round to kick my door in.  He is doing well and still shooting. Solid but very fair bloke shot with him many many times and not enough space on this forum to tell the stories.

7 hours ago, Dave-G said:

hello, i must confess to not knowing Toony when i replied on this thread, i am sure we are all affected by the different rules coming out from each police force area, via the top brass/ FEOs FLOs or even a police officer returnee due to shortage of serving police officers, for those living in an area where no shooting is allowed to another area where shooting is allowed but follow the guidance given it is a difficult time for everyone living in the UK at this present time not just those of use who fish or shoot or both, i think we just have to bear with it until such times are past and we can all return to our normal way of living and be out in the countryside where ever that maybe for PW members

On 24/04/2020 at 18:42, Munzy said:

Yep me too. Kingfisher‘s policy (B&Q and Screwfix) has been sensible, well organised, pragmatic and has allowed me to keep working.

Glad it's working for you.  But I am somewhat relieved I'm not dependent on them for work.

I tried to get on the B&Q website and was informed I'd have to wait an hour.  When I tried a few weeks ago to get some stuff from Screwfix click and collect, I was informed some of the stuff in my basket wasn't essential.

Contrast this with Toolstation, whose entire range remained available, and I could do the usual order online and collect outside the store, 10 minutes later.  Handed to me in a carrier bag (remember them?) with no fuss.

I know which one is getting my business later today.

But actually, as much as the self-appointed forum Lockdown Stasi will shout, a phased return to normality is what the country desperately needs. 

I can't imagine B & Q being open without there being 2mtr tape like there is at other shops that are open, add to this everyone in the country has to know about the current situation and keeping their distance. 

20200427_150239.jpg.21f2dc17b528b81771839686393071d5.jpg

I saw this the other day and thought it was brilliant.