Daughter’s pup

bigbird

So here’s my 15 yr old daughter’s pup ‘Rogue’

Strange but lovely to have a Labrador about the place again! She’s already got the age specific basics into him, puts me to shame with my spaniels 🙈

39DACF65-51EA-4F60-AE15-59A0994040F9.jpeg

Edited by bigbird

14 hours ago, bigbird said:

He’s great! I’m even thinking I may be old enough for a lab next time.... 😂😂

Your still too young and healthy Alison you'll get bored.

I ran my springer in a test last year down Llanelli and in-between I went over to watch the Labs doing their test, I thought to myself "My springer could do that easily ... and he'd have hunted the ground up first!" :lol: :P 

14 hours ago, bigbird said:

He’s great! I’m even thinking I may be old enough for a lab next time.... 😂😂

Your still too young and healthy Alison you'll get bored.

I ran my springer in a test last year down Llanelli and in-between I went over to watch the Labs doing their test, I thought to myself "My springer could do that easily ... and he'd have hunted the ground up first!" :lol: :P 

5 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

I ran my springer in a test last year down Llanelli and in-between I went over to watch the Labs doing their test, I thought to myself "My springer could do that easily ... and he'd have hunted the ground up first!"   

Even if there was nothing there.  A viszla would have saved him the trouble....wait for sticks and stones:lol:

38 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Even if there was nothing there.  A viszla would have saved him the trouble....wait for sticks and stones

😂😂 

I have just been told I have got a place at Gloucestershire Wildfowlers ... maybe I need a lab after all 🤔

No, I am sure that young spaniel wil not let you down. I have seen a fair few good water retrieves in fast moving rivers by spaniels. 

1 hour ago, Lloyd90 said:

😂😂 

I have just been told I have got a place at Gloucestershire Wildfowlers ... maybe I need a lab after all 🤔

That young pup above is the spitting image of my first lab I purchased back in 1960 from a farm in North Warwickshire and was bred through the Head Keepers dog on Merevale Estate.

Harry Stango if I have the spelling correct. 

5 hours ago, Walker570 said:

No, I am sure that young spaniel wil not let you down. I have seen a fair few good water retrieves in fast moving rivers by spaniels. 

Let’s hope so, I semi Sort of applied as he loves retrieving and is very keen and thought it would be a good opportunity for some shooting and letting the dog do what he enjoys 👍🏻

My only concern was would he be up to it. 

Yeah I’ll never really be converted to labs... 😂😂

Think I’ll stick to my madhead cockers and springers 😂😂 Just as well really as I’ve got three cocker pups on the go and another springer coming in three months 😂😩🙄 Sucker for punishment!!

Cockers, love 'em. Love their enthusiasm.  BUT there again I love all canines and now I don't actually have one, then everyone I meet has to have a cuddle and a bit of fuss, scratch behind the ear, whatever. Therapy for me as well as the dog , hopefully.   Spoke with a couple walking their dog yesterday, not a hunting dog , probably would make an excellent pyjama case, but it appreciated a bit of fuss.   Some owners forget their dogs are actually live animals with feelings .... not directed at anyone on the PW .... but I have come across them in 60 odd years and it is nice to see working dogs get a bit of fuss and appreciation and not treated like machines.   Have a young beater/picker up on a shoot I enjoy who runs two cockers and it is great to see those two dogs both on his lap on the gun bus cuddled together.  They are also mustard when out in the field . 

Keep feeding the stories guys, it gives me huge pleasure and hopefully others as well.