New Ferrets

Jonty

I picked this pair or rascals up just before the lockdown,  they’re sisters but a season apart.  It was really good timing as the kids have got plenty of time to play with them and handle them.  I’ve never won’t ferrets before but I used to ferret with my uncle as a kid, I’m looking forward to hopefully getting out this winter and working them - just need to start buying nets and a ferret finder.

BFBCC705-3692-47F3-842E-DA5AF0DFC33B.jpeg

DC8201C7-B54D-4E8F-A1E8-15798ACC46E2.jpeg

13 hours ago, Macca72 said:

Hi Jonty

Good looking ferrets I've got a mk3 ferret finder and 2 collars which haven't been used much I'm going to sell if you're interested. 

Hi Mate - thank you for the offer.  I think I’ve got a furlough from work coming up so I’m going to have to rein in the spending until I know what’s what.  Thanks again, though.

12 hours ago, Paul123 said:

Nice looking polecat Hope you catch loads of rabbits In the up-and-coming season and Macca72 how much do you want for your ferret finder/collars only if jonty Is not interested 

Fill your boots Paul - cheers.

I am sure you and your kids will have loads of fun with them, I like polecats, great little workers and they make great pets, if you have somewhere you can build a play area for them with lots of interesting things for them to investigate, they love playing, lengths of drain pipe are an ideal way to get them used to going down rabbit burrows, don’t just make it a straight run, cut some lengths and put a few bends in it using elbows, regular handling is key to having a well behaved ferret, nothing worse then worrying about getting bit every time you go to pick them up.

Good luck with them. :good:

Edited by old'un

On 26/04/2020 at 10:09, old'un said:

I am sure you and your kids will have loads of fun with them, I like polecats, great little workers and they make great pets, if you have somewhere you can build a play area for them with lots of interesting things for them to investigate, they love playing, lengths of drain pipe are an ideal way to get them used to going down rabbit burrows, don’t just make it a straight run, cut some lengths and put a few bends in it using elbows, regular handling is key to having a well behaved ferret, nothing worse then worrying about getting bit every time you go to pick them up.

Good luck with them. :good:

Thanks for the info old’un - all is appreciated.  They are great to handle, with the kids being home now, they are getting plenty of play and handling too which is really helping.

Have you got plenty of ground to work them on or are you still looking? I know Yorkshire used to hold big numbers of rabbit but don’t know what its like now.

Gundog trainer from Shropshire I know used to drive up there to train his dogs, there were so many rabbits you would get a flush every twenty or so paces.

1 hour ago, old'un said:

Have you got plenty of ground to work them on or are you still looking? I know Yorkshire used to hold big numbers of rabbit but don’t know what its like now.

Gundog trainer from Shropshire I know used to drive up there to train his dogs, there were so many rabbits you would get a flush every twenty or so paces.

I’m lucky in where I live, old un, some of my shooting starts the other side of my garden wall.  It’s very rural and the  farmers are more than happy to let people they know shoot and ferret - usually it’s sorted out over a pint.  There’s still plenty of rabbits about, the ground round here is pretty much all hill grazing in limestone country, great habitat for the rabbits.