Rumours of gun confiscation

rayo

Statement From Nichola Heron of the CPSA makes it clear it's not rumours.

Clay Shooters please be patient. Don’t add to the revocations that have already taken place. We are not the quiet games of golf or fishing which are either solo, twosome, threesome, or foursomes.
Non-essential travel is still an issue hence the increased fines. Add a gun in the car and you have problems.
We (CPSA) have asked for further clarification so that we can give sensible advice to grounds.
There are still no registered competitions and will not be for some time yet.
Please protect your licence by staying safe and following the guidelines.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 13/05/2020 at 10:20, Perazzishot said:
Statement From Nichola Heron of the CPSA makes it clear it's not rumours.

Clay Shooters please be patient. Don’t add to the revocations that have already taken place. We are not the quiet games of golf or fishing which are either solo, twosome, threesome, or foursomes.
Non-essential travel is still an issue hence the increased fines. Add a gun in the car and you have problems.
We (CPSA) have asked for further clarification so that we can give sensible advice to grounds.
There are still no registered competitions and will not be for some time yet.
Please protect your licence by staying safe and following the guidelines.

I think that they are also referring to rumours- is there any hard evidence?  

There wont be any hard evidence filltered down yet, but i am letting it develop a bit more before i do anything. You do what you think fit. I dont need evidence, but i need a licence for the coming season. I an Convinced enough to be pattient until we get some facts from The orgs.

On 26/04/2020 at 15:48, robbiep said:

Shooting is permitted - IF and ONLY IF the landowner has specifically requested it. You can't just be going past your permission, see a few pigeons / jackdaws on new sowings, and decide to rock up and shoot a few

Virtually every police force has made that perfectly clear.

I've been requested to do some fox control on a sheep farm - I told the farmer that I needed the request in writing, or at the minimum as a text message I can show to the police

Heard same from feo today,who had got update an hour before he called me on another matter,honest 🤔

A land owner has specifically requested it if he'd given a shooter permission to shoot pests on his land at any time. I'd like to see the documented evidence its become a lawful requirement for each and every time. Some FLO's will slip any dampers in the way of shooting it can get away with. I suspect that's the real reason behind some forces requiring doctors letters too. Every little helps. :ermm:

Its as loaded as the time I'd heard a police chief claimed that FAC's were a privilege - which ought to have been challenged by BASC. I say challenged rather than stamped on because an FEO told me years ago the department takes no notice of BASC - which looks to be a very accurate statement of fact. BASC is simply not big enough to make a significant difference,  IMO they don't have the clout to metaphorically thump the table.

Edited by Dave-G

12 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

A land owner has specifically requested it if he'd given a shooter permission to shoot pests on his land at any time. I'd like to see the documented evidence its become a lawful requirement for each and every time. Some FLO's will slip any dampers in the way of shooting it can get away with. I suspect that's the real reason behind some forces requiring doctors letters too. Every little helps. 

Its as loaded as the time I'd heard a police chief claimed that FAC's were a privilege - which ought to have been challenged by BASC. I say challenged rather than stamped on because an FEO told me years ago the department takes no notice of BASC - which looks to be a very accurate statement of fact. BASC is simply not big enough to make a significant difference,  IMO they don't have the clout to metaphorically thump the table.

no point challenging anything when nobody has to take notice of you while shooting remains a victim of the powers that be bullying us we are done for 

12 hours ago, Dave-G said:

A land owner has specifically requested it if he'd given a shooter permission to shoot pests on his land at any time. I'd like to see the documented evidence its become a lawful requirement for each and every time. Some FLO's will slip any dampers in the way of shooting it can get away with. I suspect that's the real reason behind some forces requiring doctors letters too. Every little helps. 

My original post was made a few weeks ago. In England at least, it's now been overtaken by events

Still holds true in Wales, Scotland though