A mind stretcher,,,,,, AA s200 MK1.

old man

Boredom breaker........... Sub 12ftlb

Thinking loosely  of pimping it up to lighten the weight and ease in hand?

Square fore end uncomfortable to carry, rounding off corners?

Skeletonising the stock?

Shortening barrel and forgetting a moderator?......able to Chrono power level.

It's a tack driver, sadly. for vermin........😀

Discuss please.........sensibly?

Shorten the barrel from the breech end and redrill your transfer port ..Easier than trying to rechoke and recrown a barrel .

Light weight small scope or red dot .

Suprising how accurate its possible to be with a red dot out to 30 yds .

Alternatively  look at an smk p15 

They are VERY light and short with good shot count  

Forgetting the mod might be a mistake,  have you ever shot it without? My rapid sounds like a cannon.

No harm in rounding the stock, but like washerboy says, aren't they already pretty light?

But then why not, it's your gun, why not look at putting the target/ open sights on it, that would really lighten it up.

2 hours ago, old man said:

Boredom breaker........... Sub 12ftlb

Thinking loosely  of pimping it up to lighten the weight and ease in hand?

Square fore end uncomfortable to carry, rounding off corners?

Skeletonising the stock?

Shortening barrel and forgetting a moderator?......able to Chrono power level.

It's a tack driver, sadly. for vermin........😀

Discuss please.........sensibly?

ARRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!   Sacriledge.  That square forend is SO useful in a hide particularly one with a shallow shelf to the shooting window. The rifle just sits ther happy as larry until you need to ease forward and take the shot.     The AA S200 isn't that heavy.....try a TX200 if you want weight lifting lessons.  You will have gathered by now I love mine as is.

BUT  it is your gun to with as you please.

001.jpg

Edited by Walker570

I doubt that there is much you can do to improve the 200 as is - look for a later stock if it's bothering you that much, only reasonable improvement the gun could use is a bigger cylinder - one of the guns most commonly heard gripes is that it is too light to hold steady - why make it worse?

32 minutes ago, Mice! said:

But didn't you buy it for your misses? 😁😁

Somebody is just begging for a spoon.

36 minutes ago, Mice! said:

But didn't you buy it for your misses? 😁😁

No way !!!!  It is one little rifle I would never part with. Without going back to diaries I believe it has seen the demise of well over 300 magpies and a fair few squirrels in the last two to two and half years.  It is at present laying in the safe looking really grumpy ...... that makes two of us:yes:

3 hours ago, Walker570 said:

ARRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!   Sacriledge.  That square forend is SO useful in a hide particularly one with a shallow shelf to the shooting window. The rifle just sits ther happy as larry until you need to ease forward and take the shot.     The AA S200 isn't that heavy.....try a TX200 if you want weight lifting lessons.  You will have gathered by now I love mine as is.

BUT  it is your gun to with as you please.

001.jpg

Agreed it's fine for sitting but just so uncomfortable to carry round.

I had an 80 so felt the pain.

Just considering options?

Same age and suffer every minute with sciatica so I don't do a huge amount of stalking on foot these days. Purpose built blinds and high seats everywhere. That one shown is made from four pallets and has a waterproof roof.  One problem is I tend to be checking for pin holes in my eyelids too often:lol:  I made four in my 10 acre wood which cover all likely spots with a permanent live catch cage/feeder at each.  5.00 this morning on the trail cam. Should have been there.

038.JPG

Edited by Walker570

Must confess to being a bit concerned about modding it, particularly at the moment as it's sorting the rats from bird feeder at home, the 410 Xtra being a bit much.

Just a bit bored about being locked down from perms, no performance issues with it at all. Hades or AA field are superb.

1 hour ago, bruno22rf said:

After reading all the blurb concerning the Hades I doubt that you need to modify your Rifle at all - if the reviews are true then the Hades will drop an Oxon cleanly at 200 yards fired from the posterior of a flatulent Umpa Lumpa.

I was watching a few rat shooting videos and the fella is using Hades in .22, we all know a head shot from pretty much anything kills a rat, but what the fella says time and again in his videos is they make a different noise on impact and seem to make a real mess of the rats with excess bleeding compared to other pellets.

13 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

Are you ok bruno .? 

You feeling alright mate .?

Im getting concerned .🤔

He needs to get out more, like all of us.

16 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

After reading all the blurb concerning the Hades I doubt that you need to modify your Rifle at all - if the reviews are true then the Hades will drop an Oxon cleanly at 200 yards fired from the posterior of a flatulent Umpa Lumpa.

Hades  seem a good accurate standby for the usual AA's sub 12 at less than 20 yards, not tried further yet.

If the flat forend is an issue I suppose you could fit a Mk3 stock.

Might be costly and not sure if your barrel would still be free floating.

I have the Mk2 which I converted to free floating other than that the only possible upgrade, if you think you need one, might be a bigger capacity air cylinder.

They have match grade barrels so I wouldn't be getting the hacksaw out too soon.